Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Anyone From Newfoundland?

5 posts in this topic

Was just curious. I've been posting nothing but gluten related stuff on here and I guess I was wondering if there is anyone else here from my home province in Canada? I'm now living in the tri-state region but I was born and raised in Newfoundland up until 2009. :DB)

Ads by Google:

I am Australian, but my husband is from Western bay and we used to live in Corner brook and St John's. We are back in Australia now though;-)

I think about it alot - how my life would be in Newfoundland with coeliac - and I have decided it would be way harder to be gluten free over there than it is here! What are your thoughts?

I will be visiting home in june so I will get an idea but....from what I've heard it MAY actually be easier. Just outside of St. John's there is a completely gluten free bakery for instance. Dominion and Sobeys apparently have a good selection of gluten free foods. So I'm on the fence on the topic so far.

Was just curious. I've been posting nothing but gluten related stuff on here and I guess I was wondering if there is anyone else here from my home province in Canada? I'm now living in the tri-state region but I was born and raised in Newfoundland up until 2009. :DB)

A member here, CanadianKaren, has deep roots in Lawn, Newfoundland.

Awesome. Not sure if I've been to Lawn before. My family has it's roots in Bonavista and Grand Bank. I grew up in St. John's.