3 replies to this topic

#1 Indynut

Indynut

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 09:35 AM

I'm sorta new to all this and currently I'm about 3 month's gluten free. I've arrived the hard way, through a process of elimination. I'm learning every-day and I'm currently having about one or two bad days a week. Today's been a bad a day and yesterday a friend brought me a lobster sandwich, without mayo. I only had a small piece of the bread and ate all the lobster. God it was good but I wondered what today would bring. For me I've already eliminated dairy products, eggs, and all the gluten things like bread and pasta.

I'm off the coffee, tea, pop, no liquor but I do drink the soya milk. Might that also be a problem for me?

I'm glad I found this site because I need to speak with people in my situation.

I'm a 6'2" male, age 53, and I just went from 236 to 207 in the last 3 months. No withdrawal symptoms at all during the change over. I have not missed a days work over this but somedays were close.

Thanks for any guidence I can pick up along the way here.

Gerard

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 kareng

kareng

Advanced Community Member

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,689 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 09:42 AM

Are you diagnosed with Celiac? Maybe some background info would help.

Obviously, you are not eating completely gluten free. Picking meat off of bread isn't eating gluten free and you ate the bread, too. I bet there are other ways you are getting gluten, too.

Not sure why you are eliminating all these foods. If you are only paritally eliminating them, like you are with the gluten, its probably not worthwhile.

Here's some basic info. Also, read around, lots of people asking questions that you may have.
http://www.celiac.co...celiac-disease/

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

LTES

Someone told me I was delusional.  I almost fell off my unicorn.

fantasy-unicorn-15.gif

#3 dani nero

dani nero

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 04:07 PM

I'm sorta new to all this and currently I'm about 3 month's gluten free. I've arrived the hard way, through a process of elimination. I'm learning every-day and I'm currently having about one or two bad days a week. Today's been a bad a day and yesterday a friend brought me a lobster sandwich, without mayo. I only had a small piece of the bread and ate all the lobster. God it was good but I wondered what today would bring. For me I've already eliminated dairy products, eggs, and all the gluten things like bread and pasta.

I'm off the coffee, tea, pop, no liquor but I do drink the soya milk. Might that also be a problem for me?

I'm glad I found this site because I need to speak with people in my situation.

I'm a 6'2" male, age 53, and I just went from 236 to 207 in the last 3 months. No withdrawal symptoms at all during the change over. I have not missed a days work over this but somedays were close.

Thanks for any guidence I can pick up along the way here.

Gerard

Was the bread gluten-free? If not, even a crumb of bread will cause a reaction (if you have celiac).. You probably didn't get withdrawal symptoms because your body is still on gluten. Like kareng said more details are needed :-)
Self diagnosed January 2012, and on elimination, low-salicylate & low-iodine diet.
Also G6PD

#4 Aliciajoe

Aliciajoe

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 09:50 PM

What are signs of gluten withdrawal? are they the same as say caffeine?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: