Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Walk For A Cure (Lafayette, Monticello Indiana Area)

1 post in this topic

Do you or a loved one suffer from Celiacs Disease? Would you be interested in raising awareness and funds for a Cure by participating in a walk for a cure in our area? Please email me at Smilez14u@yahoo.com to let me know. Thank you for your time. Have a wonderful day

Ads by Google:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Topics

• So, I know I'm obsessing but...... University of Chicago Celiac Disease Center website says any total IgA result over 20 won't affect the celiac test.   If this is so,  I'm still confused as to what a weak positive ttg iga means even though her result was barely in this category.  Why bother having a weak positive anyway?   I just don't get it and our doc is on vacation so I won't know what he'll recommend for another week.  I'll be finding out this week if we can see a GI without a referral. Our lyme doc (she's had lyme, may still have it, like I said it's a long story) is having her do an IgG wheat test but I don't think that has any bearing on celiac does it?    
    • Hi!  I've had good luck at the Minnesota state fair because most food booths are only doing one thing so there is no cross-contamination. For example: french fries or chocolate covered bacon or Indian kebabs.   But I live in California and I am heading to the state fair today! Does anybody have any great food suggestions that are definitely gluten-free there? Thanks, Celiac C.
    • Hi.  I have been reading your post and thinking about how my pain was around diagnosis.  It was above the belly button, I think where you are describing.  At the time I assumed I had a stomach ulcer.   I had been taking Neurofen for an ear problem and assumed it was the NSAID that had caused my stomach ulcer (which I actually didn't have, when I had an endoscopy a few weeks later my stomach was looking great! My small intestine was not!).   Going back to the pain, it was a burning feeling.   My doctor prescribed Omeprazole but it didn't touch it.   In fact I ended up with bad D. which eventually lead to me having all the tests for Celiac Disease.   I still get that pain if I eat oats (pure oats) that are supposed to be OK for most Celiacs.     I get various pains in different places in my digestive tract from time to time, but that burning pain is something I won't forget. The other thing I had that you mention was that pain between the shoulder blades.  I had that - I felt almost like someone was pushing my shoulders down.  So odd. I get palpitations when I am anemic.    I hope you get some answers soon.  It is pretty tough having to keep going from one doctor to another, but sometimes it is the only way.   
    • I sit in an ice bath after a long training (running or riding).  It speeds my recovery, I swear!  
    • Oh, one last thing..... ICE PACKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You'll feel better. Hey, you have a tub? Want to join the polar bear club in the privacy of your own home? Fill that thing with cold water & dump a 5 or 10 lb bag of ice in there. I'm serious.
  • Upcoming Events

• Blog Entries

• Recent Status Updates

• Who's Online (See full list)

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Feralgurl