Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Newly Diagnosed

3 posts in this topic

Hello, I have been recently diagnosed with Celiac. I know when a lot of Celiacs have gluten it goes right through them. My problem is the opposite. Before I was diagnosed I had chronic constipation. Now that I am off the gluten I am noticing some differences but can anyone tell me how long after getting off of the gluten it was before their bowels started working normally?

Ads by Google:

Welcome to the forum!

I didn't have C/D as a symptom from my Celiac but I can tell you that it took weeks/months for some of my symptoms to improve. The doctor who diagnosed me told me to give it at least 3 months to see any improvement and 6-12 months to see a real improvement in how I felt.

Stick to plain natural foods (meat, rice, veg, fruit...dairy if you can handle it...etc) and don't load up on lots of gluten-free replacement foods. Simple is better for your body at this point.

Good luck and be patient, it does get better over time.

Thank you! :) I just need to learn to be a little patient with this i think!

Welcome to the forum!

I didn't have C/D as a symptom from my Celiac but I can tell you that it took weeks/months for some of my symptoms to improve. The doctor who diagnosed me told me to give it at least 3 months to see any improvement and 6-12 months to see a real improvement in how I felt.

Stick to plain natural foods (meat, rice, veg, fruit...dairy if you can handle it...etc) and don't load up on lots of gluten-free replacement foods. Simple is better for your body at this point.

Good luck and be patient, it does get better over time.