2 replies to this topic

#1 Skittles

Skittles

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 03:10 PM

Hello, I have been recently diagnosed with Celiac. I know when a lot of Celiacs have gluten it goes right through them. My problem is the opposite. Before I was diagnosed I had chronic constipation. Now that I am off the gluten I am noticing some differences but can anyone tell me how long after getting off of the gluten it was before their bowels started working normally?
Diagnosed with celiac by blood test in the beginning of April 2012 and confirmed with endoscopy April 20th 2012.
Gluten free since May 2012 (for 5 months.. relapsed for about a month and have been gluten free again since Nov 2012)
Corn & corn syrup free since May 2012
Dairy limited since Aug 2012
Nightshades limited since Aug 2012

Fructose limited since Nov 2012

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 BabsV

BabsV

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 11:11 PM

Welcome to the forum!

I didn't have C/D as a symptom from my Celiac but I can tell you that it took weeks/months for some of my symptoms to improve. The doctor who diagnosed me told me to give it at least 3 months to see any improvement and 6-12 months to see a real improvement in how I felt.

Stick to plain natural foods (meat, rice, veg, fruit...dairy if you can handle it...etc) and don't load up on lots of gluten-free replacement foods. Simple is better for your body at this point.

Good luck and be patient, it does get better over time.

#3 Skittles

Skittles

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 05:44 PM

Thank you! :) I just need to learn to be a little patient with this i think!

Welcome to the forum!

I didn't have C/D as a symptom from my Celiac but I can tell you that it took weeks/months for some of my symptoms to improve. The doctor who diagnosed me told me to give it at least 3 months to see any improvement and 6-12 months to see a real improvement in how I felt.

Stick to plain natural foods (meat, rice, veg, fruit...dairy if you can handle it...etc) and don't load up on lots of gluten-free replacement foods. Simple is better for your body at this point.

Good luck and be patient, it does get better over time.

Diagnosed with celiac by blood test in the beginning of April 2012 and confirmed with endoscopy April 20th 2012.
Gluten free since May 2012 (for 5 months.. relapsed for about a month and have been gluten free again since Nov 2012)
Corn & corn syrup free since May 2012
Dairy limited since Aug 2012
Nightshades limited since Aug 2012

Fructose limited since Nov 2012

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: