This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

I Just Want Some Virtual Hugs

aquaholical

aquaholical Apprentice

I have Lyme Disease and the Celiac symptoms started last September. Officially diagnosed Celiac end of this last March. The last 6 months have been a blur of unbearable pain. As we all well know, going completely gluten free has a steep learning curve and I feel like I am always either accidentally glutening myself or having a lyme flare-up. Always in such debilitating pain and it's starting to get to me. So difficult to cook for/take care of yourself when you're in crippling pain. Trying to decide if I want to take some time off work. Luckily, I have a very understanding/supportive job & co-workers and short term disability available. It's looking more appealing each day, esp on ones like today when I'm incapable anything other than lying in bed..

I just want some hugs.

<3

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Oscar Apprentice

{{{Hug}}} {{{Hug}}} {{{Hug}}} :wub:

See, I'm not really such a grouch after all. ;)

psawyer Proficient

During my journey through celiac hell, which lasted about five years, I had many days like that. I don't share the Lyme issue, so my experience may not be the same as yours. The descent took several years; the rise didn't happen overnight. Although I saw some improvement quickly, it was about four months before I felt normal, and I still had some symptoms for another few months. Coming up on twelve years gluten-free, I have never felt better!

Oh, and you asked for ((((HUGS)))) - there you go!

cahill Collaborator

((((HUGS))))

alex11602 Collaborator

(((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))

aquaholical Apprentice

Thank you!!!! {{{{{{HUGS BACK AT YA}}}}}

squirmingitch Veteran

Here come some more (((((HUGS)))))!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

beachbirdie Contributor

I have Lyme Disease and the Celiac symptoms started last September. Officially diagnosed Celiac end of this last March. The last 6 months have been a blur of unbearable pain. As we all well know, going completely gluten free has a steep learning curve and I feel like I am always either accidentally glutening myself or having a lyme flare-up. Always in such debilitating pain and it's starting to get to me. So difficult to cook for/take care of yourself when you're in crippling pain. Trying to decide if I want to take some time off work. Luckily, I have a very understanding/supportive job & co-workers and short term disability available. It's looking more appealing each day, esp on ones like today when I'm incapable anything other than lying in bed..

I just want some hugs.

<3

Lyme is no fun. You have a double-barreled challenge going on right now.

{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}

MitziG Enthusiast

Many hugs to you! If you have the benefit, take advantage of that. Rest and reducing stress does much good towards helping your body recover!

farmer jennings Newbie

Many hugs from us here including my silkie chickens- great snugglers. I know what it is like to have multiple problems. Remember we are all here to support you. I will keep prayers going for you. God Bless!!!

dani nero Community Regular

*Really giant big fat hug* :-D

jeanzdyn Apprentice

(((HUGS))) for you aquaholical.

I really feel bad for those with celiac disease who have other afflictions as well --makes it so much tougher.

And I am greatful that I have not been terribly sick. I have had symptoms that can be attributed to celiac disease since about 1977. I did a lot of research on my own to find 'cures' for various ailments, or, if not cures, then relief in some form. The result was that, long before I was diagnosed with celiac disease, I had eliminated many foods from my diet. So that part has been easier for me.

Anyway, I feel for you! more (((HUGS))) to you.

bartfull Rising Star

Having to deal with constant pain while you are going through this is almost too much for anyone to deal with. Yet you are doing it. You must be a very strong person, and are to be admired for still working. If you think taking time off would help, do it. If you think continuing to work will keep your mind occupied so you have something else to think about besides the pain, do that.

But in the meantime, here's a great big (((((HUG))))) from me, and one from my kitty, Grommit (((((PURR)))))

JNBunnie1 Community Regular

But in the meantime, here's a great big (((((HUG))))) from me, and one from my kitty, Grommit (((((PURR)))))

This is a great idea! Virtual hugs for everyone!!!

Also, do you have any friends with gentle pets? Pet hugs work really good. Also, a Netflix subscription! Lots of comedy that will at least make you laugh, which is very good for your hugs needs!

Bubba's Mom Enthusiast

Lyme disease AND Celiac? :blink:

I don't know how you hold it together!

(((HUGS)))

squirmingitch Veteran

Lyme disease AND Celiac? :blink:

I don't know how you hold it together!

(((HUGS)))

Makes the rest of us look like wusses doesn't it?unsure.gif

jigsawfallingintoplace Newbie

Awwww (((hugs))

i have just come out of a bad glutening after being symptom free for just over 2 months. Its a rocky road that is for sure but someone once saod to me that 'the most difficult paths lead to the most wonderful views'

You are right to feel low - pain in crippling and takes over every waking moment when you are poorly so be gentle and kind to yourself and hold on to the fact that you will come through this and get even stronger. and in the meantime keep coming back here where there is a lot of love and understanding for you sweetie - you are work in progress and you will get there - do whatever it takes to nurture your health and aid your recovery xx

cait Apprentice

Right there with you. Coming up on 11 years with Lyme. Recently determined it is still active infection, but no good way of treating it since I didn't really respond to years of antibiotics and other fun treatment. Continually adjusting my diet to see if I can get anywhere near how I felt right after going gluten-free. No luck. Exhausted, so exhausted. Pain. Can't keep up with my life. Don't want this to be my life. Don't know what to do.

I feel your pain. Big hugs.

mamaupupup Contributor

Hugs Hugs Hugs!

• 11 months later...
Loey Rising Star

Lyme is no fun. You have a double-barreled challenge going on right now.

{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}

Sending lots of healing (((hugs))))

Archived