#1 LundqvistSaves

LundqvistSaves

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 09:03 PM

Hello -

I'm new and not diagnosed. I've been sick for almost a year now and blood work, MRIs, endiscopy and colonoscopy don't explain any reason why. All came back negative and am getting the "he's crazy" treatment from doctors. I just turned 26. Doctor took a biopsy last month but have yet to get results.

I've only been gluten free for about a week but honestly feel worse so far. Symptoms are heartburn, extreme bloating, and a massive pain in my upper stomach/below my ribs that goes down to about 2 inches above my belly button. Usually an all-around stomach ache and always fatigued. Always a stomach ache. The bloat is massive.

The thing that I find odd is that my symptoms flare up randomly. At least once a day, but sometimes I can go 5 hours feeling fine, then I'll have a bowel movement or maybe just do nothing at all and then suddenly all my symptoms will flare up terribly. Sometimes I'll eat and then suddenly feel 10x worse too - even when I eat gluten free. It seems that I would feel worse like this if I were to eat something contaminated with gluten, but why even when I eat gluten free? Is that normal for the first month or so?

I know it hasn't been long that I've been gluten free, but is it normal to just have your symptoms flare up randomly if you've been feeling ok for a few hours? Seems strange, or like something that would happen if you only consume gluten.

Thank you all for listening.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Mama of 6

Mama of 6

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 06:44 AM

Hello -

I'm new and not diagnosed. I've been sick for almost a year now and blood work, MRIs, endiscopy and colonoscopy don't explain any reason why. All came back negative and am getting the "he's crazy" treatment from doctors. I just turned 26. Doctor took a biopsy last month but have yet to get results.

I've only been gluten free for about a week but honestly feel worse so far. Symptoms are heartburn, extreme bloating, and a massive pain in my upper stomach/below my ribs that goes down to about 2 inches above my belly button. Usually an all-around stomach ache and always fatigued. Always a stomach ache. The bloat is massive.

The thing that I find odd is that my symptoms flare up randomly. At least once a day, but sometimes I can go 5 hours feeling fine, then I'll have a bowel movement or maybe just do nothing at all and then suddenly all my symptoms will flare up terribly. Sometimes I'll eat and then suddenly feel 10x worse too - even when I eat gluten free. It seems that I would feel worse like this if I were to eat something contaminated with gluten, but why even when I eat gluten free? Is that normal for the first month or so?

I know it hasn't been long that I've been gluten free, but is it normal to just have your symptoms flare up randomly if you've been feeling ok for a few hours? Seems strange, or like something that would happen if you only consume gluten.

Thank you all for listening.

I don't have any answers for this but am also wondering the same thing. I get horrible symptoms after a BM. after feeling fine all the rest of the day.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: