2 replies to this topic

#1 Aliciajoe

Aliciajoe

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 09:44 PM

I had DS (2yo) and DD(almost 4) Blood tested.. While those came up negative. My daughter has issues being a stopped up. She does go most every day but she usually has pebbles. DS is better as far as his GI tract go, but has some sort of pimple looking bumps on his skin... they are not red around but are hard if you scratch them. I rather believe they both have it after my dx, then Hubby's uncle (mom's bro) had a dx earlier this year. So prompts my question... Endoscopy or no?

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 squirmingitch

squirmingitch

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,295 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 06:30 AM

There are those on this board far better versed in the subject of child endoscopes than I so it's better for them to answer you but this will bump your question up & perhaps it will receive attention.

Self diagnosed dh Sept. 2011~~~ confirmed dx July 18, 2012
Gluten free Dec. 2011
Soy free Dec. 2011
Hubs self diagnosed dh March 30, 2012
Hubs gluten free March 30, 2012

Summer 2013 We both have added back a little soy which is near unavoidable & we are doing okay with that small amount.

#3 mommida

mommida

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,925 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 02:57 PM

An endoscopy with biopsy can rule out or diagnose many different things that have similar symptoms to Celiac.

Celiac
congenital deformity
parasites
H.Ployri
hernia
Eosinophilic Esophagitus

This is just a short list and it is possible to have more than one issue going on.

If Celiac is diagnosed you can get an idea of what amount of damage needs to heal.

It is a hard decision to make. Making sure you get the correct diagnoses means you know you are treating the condition properly. B)
Michigan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: