#1 JonsLoveBugg

JonsLoveBugg

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 06:32 AM

Hi everybody!

I've been gluten free for about 2 years now after being sick for about 3 years before that and of course Jo doctor could figure out why.. I had two celiac disease tests done; both came back negative. But after being gluten free I have felt so much better! No more symptoms at all so I feel a gluten free lifestyle was the key.

However, I have been glutened accidentally before a few times and I feel awful and there are sometimes where my husband gives me the "uh oh..." look after we eat something and then decide to read the labels. But I won't get sick...

So I'm wondering if this happens to other people or am I not really gluten intolerant..? Although all of my stomach issues went away almost instantly after I cut gluten from my diet..

Thanks!
Natalie

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 pianoland

pianoland

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 04:12 PM

If you're feeling good, then I would stick with it! Maybe you aren't sensitive to trace amounts. I think most people with an intolerance don't have issues with cross-contam or small amounts of gluten like people with celiac would.
Celebrating being gluten free since July 22, 2011.

#3 IndiaEileen

IndiaEileen

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 06:05 PM

That happens to me. It randomly striked me three days after eating a couple onion rings off my boyfriends plate that It had a wheat flour batter. "Well, did you get sick?"
"Uhm...no I didn't, no."
I really think it might be your body's immune system taking one for the team. It's totally worth it to stay off the gluten's, if not for the reason you know you'll feel good but because you're supporting the lifestyle and people just might take the hint.
Fight the good fight!
Gluten free since May 1st 2012
Never going back, spreading the word, handing out cookies one interested participant at a time.

#4 MitziG

MitziG

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 695 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 07:09 AM

Yup, reactions can be random. It happens to me and I have biopsy confirmed celiac. You know how sick you were before, don't second guess yourself now!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: