#1 Bella001

Bella001

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 11:37 AM

Hello!

I'm having surgery tomorrow because of a serverly atypical mole on my back. I had Stage I Melanoma in 2004. They aren't putting me under, just a local. Any problems with that as far as gluten goes? If I need pain meds, what can I take without getting sick? I also cannot have dairy or eggs either.

Thanks!

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Guest_retes231_*

Guest_retes231_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 May 2012 - 05:47 AM

First of all, good luck with your surgery. I don't think that local anethesia have any effect. About the pain meds, you should tell your physician about your condition before taking any medication.

#3 GFinDC

GFinDC

A little farting never hurt anybody... :-).

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,160 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 06:30 AM

Yep, call the hospital today and tell them you need gluten-free meds, bandages and food while inside the joint. gluten-free nurses might be too much to ask for though. :)

I hope your surgery goes well. :)
Proverbs 25:16 "Hast thou found honey? eat so much as is sufficient for thee, lest thou be filled therewith, and vomit it."
Job 30:27 My bowels boiled, and rested not: the days of affliction prevented me.
Thyroid cyst and nodules, Lactose / casein intolerant. Diet positive, gene test pos, symptoms confirmed by Dr-head. My current bad list is: gluten, dairy, sulfites, coffee (the devil's brew), tea, Bug's Bunnies carrots, garbanzo beans of pain, soy- no joy, terrible turnips, tomatoes, peppers, potatoes, and hard work. have a good day! :-) Paul

#4 Bubba's Mom

Bubba's Mom

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 06:42 AM

I had skin cancer surgery in Nov. The numbing injections, stitches, and pain meds were all gluten-free. Nothing to worry about there.
Good luck with your surgery. A bag of frozen peas works very well as an ice pack to help aleviate any pain you'll have.

#5 GF Lover

GF Lover

Melanoma Warrior

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 03:18 PM

To Bella and BubbaMom. I would like to ask how you are progressing with your skin cancers. Are they Melanomas or a different kind. Did they get it completely excised out with no further attention needed? Etc.

Any thing you want to share would be appreciated.

HAVE A SUPER SHINY DAY

LTES gem 2014

*BiPolar, Major Depression, Anxiety *Hypothyroidism, *Celiac

*Metastatic Melanoma, *Immunotherapy Mitigated Vitiligo, *General Insanity

"We cautiously travel through life to arrive safely at our death" - J. R. C. , my Son.

Are We There Yet? and Dad says...All you have to do it ride it out.

Comments/views/opinions expressed on the site are my own and are not representative of Forum Admin/Owner

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

gingerbread-man-smiley-emoticon.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: