Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Celiac.com Store.

Share Favorite Oatmeal Cookie Recipes

7 posts in this topic

So I took a huge risk this morning, but after finding a deal too good to pass up I had a bag of oats in my pantry so I had oatmeal for breakfast. It's only been about an hour but I haven't gotten sick. Yet. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the day.

Anyway, on to my point. I know the internet is full of recipes but I also trust you guys more than random websites so I was hoping I could get you all to share your favorite oatmeal cookie recipes. I have one already for just plain oatmeal peanut butter but I'm looking for ones with raisins, or really anything else. I'm not free of anything other than gluten so no worries there.

Ads by Google:

I make these for my hubs. I can't "do oats" yet. I hold out hope. :) He likes raisins in them, but I added chocolate chips instead once and he did not complain. If I were eating them, that's what I'd want in them!

My gluten-free Mom makes these too and shares them with GEs and she said no one knows the difference. They are very good.

They are from Bob's Red Mill recipe collection ( I believe)

1-1/2 cups gluten-free All Purpose Baking Flour

1 tsp Xanthan Gum

2 large Eggs

1 tsp Cinnamon

1/2 tsp Sea Salt

1 tsp Baking Soda

1 tsp Vanilla

1/2 cup Granulated Sugar

1 cup Brown Sugar

1 cup Butter (softened)

3 cups Gluten Free Rolled Oats

1 cup Raisins

Directions

Preheat oven to 350°F.

Beat butter and sugars together until smooth. Add vanilla and eggs; beat well.

In a separate bowl, blend flour, cinnamon, baking soda, salt and Xanthan Gum.

Stir flour blend into wet ingredients. Add oats and raisins and mix well.

Drop rounded tablespoons of dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 10 – 12 minutes, or until golden brown.

Cool for a few minutes then transfer to wire rack.

These have passed the family test with flying colors! My husband's mother used to make oatmeal chocolate chip cookies for him all the time and he does like these.

http://glutenfreeonashoestring.com/thick-chewy-oatmeal-chocolate-chip-cookies/?erprint

I use King Arthur Flour and have baked them this time without parchment paper. My cookie sheets are new and haven't been used for other gluten cookies so I'm not worried about any Cross contamination.

Enjoy!

Diane

Looks like they have the same ingredients! :lol:

If the same recipe passes two tests than it must be good. I'm thinking dark chocolate chips and dried cranberries. It'll be delicious and it'll keep my husband away from them.

I really think the key to the soft and chewiness of the second recipe is putting them in the freezer and DO NOT overcook them. They become rock hard if you do! :rolleyes:

If the same recipe passes two tests than it must be good. I'm thinking dark chocolate chips and dried cranberries. It'll be delicious and it'll keep my husband away from them.

devious and clever girl ;)