arrowShare this page:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Ads by Google:
Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    

Photo
- - - - -

Liver Enzymes Have Gone Back Down In 3 Months!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 GladGirl

GladGirl

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 08:53 AM

Well, I about "clicked' my heels when leaving the Dr's office today! My AST was 111 when I was diagnosed, (normal level is 40) and today the results are 42!! My ALT was 132 (norm is 40) and today its 60!! Wow, what a difference in three months just being gluten free!! Also my LDL Chol went down to 134 and HDL up to 49!! The other good number....although my triglycerides were not overly high, they also went down from 99 to 79!! The only number that is staying the same is my glucose at 113, which of course they consider a bit higher than they would like it to be,(65-99) but really that is not bad.

Now, on my quest to get another Dr. because this one really does not have much of a "clue" when it comes to Celiac Disease.

Need to go eat my gluten-free lunch now!!! :)

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Bubba's Mom

Bubba's Mom

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 11:25 AM

Well, I about "clicked' my heels when leaving the Dr's office today! My AST was 111 when I was diagnosed, (normal level is 40) and today the results are 42!! My ALT was 132 (norm is 40) and today its 60!! Wow, what a difference in three months just being gluten free!! Also my LDL Chol went down to 134 and HDL up to 49!! The other good number....although my triglycerides were not overly high, they also went down from 99 to 79!! The only number that is staying the same is my glucose at 113, which of course they consider a bit higher than they would like it to be,(65-99) but really that is not bad.

Now, on my quest to get another Dr. because this one really does not have much of a "clue" when it comes to Celiac Disease.

Congrats...what wonderful news! Looks like you're doing it right? :D

#3 beachbirdie

beachbirdie

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 652 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 09:53 AM

That is very happy news! Thanks so much for sharing the update! Nothing like a little affirmation that you are doing things right! :D
1999 - Hypothyroid
2003 - Hashimoto's Disease
2008 - Diverticulitis
2009 - Significant Vit D Deficiency
2011 - Diverticulitis again
2011 - HLA-DQ2.2
2012 - TtG IgG positive... I am now, finally, Gluten Free - 5/16/2012

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: