4 replies to this topic

#1 gluten free tammy

gluten free tammy

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 11:28 AM

I have been gluten free for 2 months now, at least as far as I know, but havent seen any improvement in the constipation situation. Does anyone know if it is possible to still see improvement in this if I havent already? I know someone else who saw immediate results in this area.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 dani nero

dani nero

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 01:32 PM

I have been gluten free for 2 months now, at least as far as I know, but havent seen any improvement in the constipation situation. Does anyone know if it is possible to still see improvement in this if I havent already? I know someone else who saw immediate results in this area.

Maybe your tummy bacteria are out of balance? Are you taking any probiotics? Or you might be reacting to something else other than gluten. I know that stake gives me mega C for example.
Self diagnosed January 2012, and on elimination, low-salicylate & low-iodine diet.
Also G6PD

#3 jigsawfallingintoplace

jigsawfallingintoplace

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 04:50 PM

Are you still eating cheese and dairy? I was like this until I realised you should cut it our for the first month of so of gluten-free. It worked. x

#4 Googles

Googles

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 05:56 PM

Are you drinking lots of fluids (water and other clear liquids)? Are you eating lots of foods with fiber? Removing other foods that you might be reacting to and going to very basic foods might help too. I hope you get this figured out.

#5 Mnicole1981

Mnicole1981

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 07:19 PM

I go back and forth between constipation and regular BMs. Taking iron supplements doesn't help the constipation issue.

Should I not drink Lactaid? Some nights I don't feel like eating anything but plain Chex.
gluten-gree as of May 9, 2012

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: