Follow Us:  Twitter Facebook RSS Feed            

arrowShare this page:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Ads by Google:
Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    

Photo
- - - - -

Is It Possible To Notice A Difference In 24 Hours?

• Please log in to reply

11 replies to this topic

#1 Momto2girls

Momto2girls

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 04:09 PM

So, yesterday I decided it was just time! (Thanks so the encouragement here!) And so I went to the store and starting from dinner on my 4 year old (and me!) have been gluten-free. She has been SOOOO sick lately...I mean, I have been seriously worried about her (aside from her being a mess digestively and having inflammation on a recent scope), she also has had no stamina, has not wanted to do anything, has been falling asleep at the drop of hat, so grouchy, huge meltdowns over tiny things, etc.

Welp, here we are 24 hours later and she will. not. shut. up. Honestly, she cannot stop talking! She is going on and on and on like I have never seen her do in her entire life! It is like the life is back in her -- she's walking around talking and talking and hubby gets home and she's talking and talking. It is hilarious! But, this is the first day in a week she didn't fall asleep on the couch right before dinner!

It has to be a coincidence, right!? This can't be the no gluten, right?

We went for an x-ray today so we'll know tomorrow if she's backed up -- but even if she is, she's sure in a better mood! Thank goodness!

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 squirmingitch

squirmingitch

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,324 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 04:23 PM

This could very well be the result of no gluten even so soon for your daughter. Kids are so much more resilient than we adults are! And she's only had 4 yrs. to get damaged --- adults have been getting damaged for decades & decades.

Enjoy!Posted Image

Self diagnosed dh Sept. 2011~~~ confirmed dx July 18, 2012
Gluten free Dec. 2011
Soy free Dec. 2011
Hubs self diagnosed dh March 30, 2012
Hubs gluten free March 30, 2012

Summer 2013 We both have added back a little soy which is near unavoidable & we are doing okay with that small amount.

#3 psawyer

psawyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,048 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 05:42 PM

The younger the person, the quicker the recovery. I was 46 and began experiencing relief within a week. It took months for a full recovery, but I saw noticeable improvement in a much shorter time frame.
Peter
Diagnosis by biopsy of practically non-existent villi; gluten-free since July 2000.
Type 1 (autoimmune) diabetes diagnosed in March 1986
Markham, Ontario (borders on Toronto)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#4 Momto2girls

Momto2girls

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 02:20 AM

Wow -- I am enjoying it, for sure! This is amazing!! Now, she's up (again) in the middle-of-the-night-very-early-morning, but instead of crying and saying her tummy hurts, she came in saying she was hungry!? Don't tell me this is a result of gluten-free, too!? I am kind of STUNNED. My best friend is Celiac and she said it took months for her to feel better, but again, she was in her 20s so maybe that was why? Also, in Gracie's recent scope she didn't test positive for Celiac so there's no actual damage at this point, might be just a gluten intolerance or sensitivity getting much worse...because I seriously can't believe this!?

#5 Roda

Roda

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,620 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 02:30 AM

My 7 year old was diagnosed when he was 5 almost 6. He suddenly became hungry ALL the time. It was nonstop for about 2 weeks and then it tapered off. He is hungry all the time again, but he is going through another growth spurt at the moment. :P

Me:
Celiac disease(positive blood work/biopsy- 10/2008), gluten free oat intolerent, Hashimoto's Thyroiditis/Disease, Raynaud's Disease

DS2(age 9):
celiac disease(positive IgA tTG, no biopsy- 11/2010)

DS1(age 13):
repeated negative bloodwork and negative EGD/biopsy. Started on a gluten free trial(8/2011). He has decided to stay gluten free due to all of the improvements he has experienced on the diet.

#6 melaniesilvers

melaniesilvers

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 07:36 AM

My son was diagnosed by endoscopy almost 3 weeks ago. We noticed a change after about 2-3 days. His abdomen was less bloated within 1 day. He was running and playing instead of sitting on the couch and watching t.v. We are almost 3 weeks in and his belly still hurts, but pain is less severe and he is much more active.

#7 Jestgar

Jestgar

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,755 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 07:43 AM

This is such a nice thread. :) :) I'm so glad you decided to take her off gluten, just to see if it helped, and I'm so glad to see it helped a lot. :)
"But then, in all honesty, if scientists don't play god, who will?"
- James Watson

My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.
- Ashleigh Brilliant

Leap, and the net will appear.

#8 squirmingitch

squirmingitch

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,324 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 09:14 AM

This is such a nice thread. :) :) I'm so glad you decided to take her off gluten, just to see if it helped, and I'm so glad to see it helped a lot. :)

I agree!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well said Jestgar.

Self diagnosed dh Sept. 2011~~~ confirmed dx July 18, 2012
Gluten free Dec. 2011
Soy free Dec. 2011
Hubs self diagnosed dh March 30, 2012
Hubs gluten free March 30, 2012

Summer 2013 We both have added back a little soy which is near unavoidable & we are doing okay with that small amount.

#9 Ninja

Ninja

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 10:53 AM

That's fantastic! Congratulations on finding a cure for your little one. :) It's so nice when we can reap the rewards right away! :D

Gluten Free 2/12 

Let the soul speak with the silent articulation of a face

~Rumi

#10 Raven815

Raven815

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 11:23 AM

That is so wonderful. Just keep it up and watch her get stronger and more vibrant every day. More parents should be as aware as you are.

Laura :)

#11 jfmadden

jfmadden

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 09:06 AM

So, yesterday I decided it was just time! (Thanks so the encouragement here!) And so I went to the store and starting from dinner on my 4 year old (and me!) have been gluten-free. She has been SOOOO sick lately...I mean, I have been seriously worried about her (aside from her being a mess digestively and having inflammation on a recent scope), she also has had no stamina, has not wanted to do anything, has been falling asleep at the drop of hat, so grouchy, huge meltdowns over tiny things, etc.

Welp, here we are 24 hours later and she will. not. shut. up. Honestly, she cannot stop talking! She is going on and on and on like I have never seen her do in her entire life! It is like the life is back in her -- she's walking around talking and talking and hubby gets home and she's talking and talking. It is hilarious! But, this is the first day in a week she didn't fall asleep on the couch right before dinner!

It has to be a coincidence, right!? This can't be the no gluten, right?

We went for an x-ray today so we'll know tomorrow if she's backed up -- but even if she is, she's sure in a better mood! Thank goodness!

My son started feeling better within 24 hours. The change over the first few days was unbelievable. Here we are 10 weeks later and he has gained 15 pounds and is a totally different 14 year old. Thank God we found out what the problem was. Celiacs Disease is easy to manage once you are aware that he or she has it.

#12 melikamaui

melikamaui

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 09:40 AM

My little one was also 4 when we went totally gluten-free with him. I noticed a huge, immediate difference right away. And he had already been wheat free for two years! But removing all of the gluten turned him into a totally different kid. It was WONDERFUL! I'm so happy for you!!! :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: