24 replies to this topic

#16 VydorScope

VydorScope

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,364 posts

Posted 09 September 2005 - 04:52 PM

If you really like raisin bran, go with it.  I didn't mean to sound like it wasn't an option, I just put the shredded wheat down because of the protein content.  Have a bit bigger of a bowl of raisin bran for breakfast or ah extra bowl for dessert.  If it's going to cause symptoms, at least you can enjoy what you're eating in taste. :-)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Im just addicted to rasins is all it is really :lol: :lol: :lol:

- Vincent -

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 Rachel--24

Rachel--24

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,323 posts

Posted 09 September 2005 - 05:58 PM

Im just addicted to rasins is all it is really  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:lol: :lol: I've been noticing that. You mention raisins quite a bit...you're ALWAYS eating raisins!
Rachel

#18 tarnalberry

tarnalberry

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,542 posts

Posted 09 September 2005 - 07:22 PM

Im just addicted to rasins is all it is really  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Have you tried SunMaid's currants? They're like cute mini-raisins! :-)
Tiffany aka "Have I Mentioned Chocolate Lately?"
Inconclusive Blood Tests, Positive Dietary Results, No Endoscopy
G.F. - September 2003; C.F. - July 2004
Hiker, Yoga Teacher, Engineer, Painter, Be-er of Me
Bellevue, WA

#19 VydorScope

VydorScope

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,364 posts

Posted 09 September 2005 - 07:28 PM

:lol:  :lol:  I've been noticing that. You mention raisins quite a bit...you're ALWAYS eating raisins!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

LOL you'll never guess what Im eating while catching up here LOL

- Vincent -

#20 VydorScope

VydorScope

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,364 posts

Posted 09 September 2005 - 07:31 PM

Have you tried SunMaid's currants?  They're like cute mini-raisins! :-)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Noooo htat be to much like cheating on the rasins LOL okay I realy need some sleep,,,,

- Vincent -

#21 VydorScope

VydorScope

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,364 posts

Posted 18 September 2005 - 03:55 PM

Welp after finshing of the box of rasin brand I picked up Krogers Maple Brown Sugar Shredded wheat. Ive never heard of it before, but its tasty. That and cininamon rasin begals is what Im been eating.

Man I am realy feeling sick though. If its not celiac disease I might break down and cry.. cause that means theres no end in sight.

Got an appointment lined up for mid-november. :(

EDIT Opss never finished the sentence about begals befor posting LOL

Edited by VydorScope, 18 September 2005 - 04:28 PM.

- Vincent -

#22 KaitiUSA

KaitiUSA

Be the change you wish to see in the world!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,583 posts

Posted 18 September 2005 - 04:23 PM

Welp after finshing of the box of rasin brand I picked up Krogers Maple Brown Sugar Shredded wheat. Ive never heard of it before, but its tasty. Thatn and cininamon rasin

Man I am realy feeling sick though. If its not celiac disease I might break down and cry.. cause that means theres no end in sight.

Got an appointment lined up for mid-november. :(

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well did you feel better gluten free? Even if it's not celiac you could have a problem with gluten so you could still benefit from the diet. If gluten is causing more trouble it would lead me to think it is at least part of your problem.
Kaiti
Positive bloodwork
Gluten-free since January 2004
Arkansas

Jeremiah 29:11- "For I know the plans that I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for you to prosper and not harm you,plans to give you a hope and future"

"One Nation, Under God"

Feel free to email me anytime....jkbrodbent@yahoo.com

#23 VydorScope

VydorScope

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,364 posts

Posted 18 September 2005 - 04:31 PM

Well did you feel better gluten free? Even if it's not celiac you could have a problem with gluten so you could still benefit from the diet. If gluten is causing more trouble it would lead me to think it is at least part of your problem.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

well I dunno that I felt much better when I was gluten-free.. but now that I have much increased the gluten (BY ALOT compared to before) I defintly feel much worse. I just dunno if its the placibo effect or for real.

Pre all this, 2 or 3 years ago I started the Atkins diet which is very low gluten, and I rember feeling better... but I DID lose 50 pounds.. so that is what I always atributed it to. Never considered gluten till aroudn the time I joined this board only a few months ago... So dunno if theres a coraltion or not yet.

- Vincent -

#24 Matilda

Matilda

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 19 September 2005 - 01:06 AM

#25 VydorScope

VydorScope

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,364 posts

Posted 19 September 2005 - 03:52 AM

Matilda,

Are you saying you were on a low gluten diet when you were tested before? If not it doesn't seem very likely to me that the tests will turn positive...unless you keep at it for maybe 10 years or so (average time to diagnosis in US).

If you get time, go back and read this thread from the start and you will see discussion about levels of gluten needed to turn a postive result. The summary is I was probably eating enough gluten to make me sick (assuming celiac disease) but definitly NOT enough to trip a postivie result.

The genetic test at Enterolab costs about $150. Maybe this would clarify things for you if you could do it.

It is almost a given that I have the gene, there are ppl in my family with symptons, but no one in my wife's. With think it played a big part in my grandfather's death. I can not afford $150.. that is WAY to much for me. The only way I am gonna get a test is if I go via my insurance apprived doctor and pay a $20 copay for the standard blood test.

I know you've tried being gluten-free but you should consider whether you've really given it a proper trial, given that for most adults it takes some time to improve.

I have been sick most of my adult life, I am not willing to wait a few years to see if I will get better when I can pontentialy knock this off the list by Thanksgiving. :(

Thank you for your thoughts and wishes!

- Vincent -

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: