1 reply to this topic

#1 seattlejoy

seattlejoy

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 09:43 PM

I am looking for an informational video to email to my friends and family. I was recently diagnosed Celiac. The videos I see on YouTube are mostly about symptoms and very little information about living with Celiac Disease, etc. I am hoping to explain what the disease is, how important it is for me to not have gluten in my diet and how dangerous cross contamination is (people just don't get it!). I would like it to address WHY Celiac affects us the way it does (villi, absorption, malnutrition, etc). I'm so tired. Some seem to think I'm going to jump up with energy right away and that just hasn't been the case for me.

Additionally, I would like it to explain how the disease can progress to other things (Lymphoma, etc). I need them to not undermine my efforts to be gluten free. They would never intentionally hurt me, I just think they need to know how serious it is.

Maybe one day I will make my own but for now can anyone point me in the right direction?

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,318 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 05:31 AM

The only videos I have seen are not very accurate. If they will read, try this:

http://www.curecelia...th-celiac/guide

santa-dance.gif

Once again, we come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice. - Dave Barry

“The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.”  - George Carlin

“One can never have enough socks," said Dumbledore. "Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn't get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books.”  - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: