3 replies to this topic

#1 1974girl

1974girl

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 09:16 AM

Found the coolest recipe for kids (ok, adults, too). You take a microwaveable bowl and put in the chocolate bricks or disks. (Usually found with fruit or the baking aisle) Melt it and make it a few inches deep. Take a small washed balloon. The author said that water balloons worked for her. Blow it up and roll it around in the bowl covering the bottom and up the sides a little. Roll in sprinkles if you wish. Put it in the freezer. After it sets, pop the balloon. You will have a chocolate bowl. Fill with icecream. You can use white chocolate to look like an "egg" for Easter and set a peep in the middle.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 mamaw

mamaw

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,030 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 12:25 PM

You also can do the same thing with the outside of bowls... I have never tried the ballon method just the different size bowls...

#3 1974girl

1974girl

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 01:14 PM

You also can do the same thing with the outside of bowls... I have never tried the ballon method just the different size bowls...

How do you get it off the bowls without breaking? Will it just lift off? Do you spray PAM on it? That would be neat and I wouldn't have to run out and buy balloons. The kids saw the blog and the cute pictures and now thing they need it. : )

#4 mamaw

mamaw

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,030 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 03:22 PM

I just use a bit of Pam(lightly)....I also use pizzelle maker & while still warm I drape them over small dessert bowls to harden & they just fall off.. You can coat these as well in white or dark choc....dry choc & add your goodies...

I've also found choc dessert cups ready made that contained no gluten...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: