Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

• Announcements

• admin

READ FIRST: Super Sensitive Celiacs Disclaimer   09/23/2015

This section of the forum is devoted to those who have responses to gluten beyond the experience of the majority of celiacs. It should not be construed as representative of the symptoms you are likely to encounter or precautions you need to take. Only those with extreme reactions need go to the lengths discussed here. Many people with newly diagnosed celiac disease have a condition known as leaky gut syndrome, which can lead to the development of sensitivity to other foods until the gut is healed - which may take as long as one to three years. At that time they are often able to reincorporate into their diet foods to which they have formerly been sensitive. Leaky gut syndrome leads many people to believe they are being exposed to gluten when they are in fact reacting to other foods.
    • admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Celiac.com Store.

Pop Chips

7 posts in this topic

Just wondering if anyone has tried these or had a bad reaction to them? Am trying to trace what I have gotten so sick from these are the only new thing I have tried, been nibbling on them on and off for a week the sweet potato ones and the vinegar and salt ones, no dairy say gluten free, but I am so sick the whole running to the bathroom I feel as big as a cow well at least my stomach does, and just horrible . Anyone try these? Not sure if it is them or not just trying to figure this out.

Ads by Google:

They're alright for me, but Salt and Vinegar are sickly anyways.

Maybe there was some CC? They might not be overly concerned about it, so I would give them a call. You weren't around flour? I find when shopping in the grocery store, walking in the baking aisle where the flours are can be sickening.

They're alright for me, but Salt and Vinegar are sickly anyways.

Maybe there was some CC? They might not be overly concerned about it, so I would give them a call. You weren't around flour? I find when shopping in the grocery store, walking in the baking aisle where the flours are can be sickening.

nope I stay away from those isles. Not sure what is going on but will have to call and see if it is a dedicated factory, I just have to start doing more cooking from scratch, and stay away from the processed and store bought things, I just seem to have too many problems with them.

There was a thread on here a few months ago about those, several people (including myself) had bad reactions. I suspect either MSG or sulfites, due to the reaction I had. At the time I suspected msg cc, but now that I know more about sulfites and that they're frequently used in the processing of potato products I suspect that's more likely.

There was a thread on here a few months ago about those, several people (including myself) had bad reactions. I suspect either MSG or sulfites, due to the reaction I had. At the time I suspected msg cc, but now that I know more about sulfites and that they're frequently used in the processing of potato products I suspect that's more likely.

ohhhh I must have missed that thread! I will try to find it, I am not sure what is in them that has made me so sick but honestly have not felt this terrible for a long time, my stomach but also muscle pain, can't sleep, had headaches, but I notice today that is starting to go away. Phew thats the end of me trying those again! I get so tired of trying new things and 9 times out of 10 it does not work for me. I am going to try to find the thread talking about them, thanks so much for letting me know.

I remember reading labels on different Pop Chip bags several months ago and some stated they were made on shared equipment or in a shared facility or something...it wasn't all the flavors at the time. The packaging was very clear about it -- I can't remember what the difference was but there was some sort of difference in the gluten labeling on the chips made on shared equipment/shared facility. Maybe it said no gluten ingredients vs gluten free?!? Gah, wish I could remember. I just know that the labeling was enough to make me stop and read each type of flavor because I was intrigued with the detail. I didn't try them at the time because of all the ingredients listed...basically I was sticking to things that had 3 or fewer ingredients listed. So maybe a CC issue? Or one of the other ingredients since there are a lot?

I remember reading labels on different Pop Chip bags several months ago and some stated they were made on shared equipment or in a shared facility or something...it wasn't all the flavors at the time. The packaging was very clear about it -- I can't remember what the difference was but there was some sort of difference in the gluten labeling on the chips made on shared equipment/shared facility. Maybe it said no gluten ingredients vs gluten free?!? Gah, wish I could remember. I just know that the labeling was enough to make me stop and read each type of flavor because I was intrigued with the detail. I didn't try them at the time because of all the ingredients listed...basically I was sticking to things that had 3 or fewer ingredients listed. So maybe a CC issue? Or one of the other ingredients since there are a lot?

oh that's interesting I looked at the bags I had they didn't say anything but, it doesn't surprise me, I am still sick off of those things! I wish I would have never ate them, time I start learning to make my own stuff I do remember my Father making homemade potato chips when I was young they were so good, I can't remember how he did them but know that they were wonderful. So am going on a search to start making some things that I get cravings for, getting tired of going through this sick crud with things that the government has said are ok to call gluten free. Ok I am ranting a bit here but geeeeezzzzzzzzzzz I get so dang tired of it.