Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Food Sensitivities?

6 posts in this topic

Hello, I am still newly diagnosed but have been suffering all of my life. Now that I am paying more attention to my body and what I put in to it I think I have sensitivities to other foods as well, such as corn. I feel that there may be more. Can you guys tell me some foods that you are sensitive to?

Ads by Google:

Hon, if you are newly diagnosed, you are still suffering from serious inflammation in your gut lining.

You may feel as if EVERYTHING is causing you a problem right now.

Let's start at the beginning: have you eliminated dairy?

If you put all our individual sensitivities and additional allergies together in a list it would comprise of pretty much everything. No joke. If you polled on any one food, you'd find many who are allergic/intolerant/sensitive to that one and it would seem that one is common, no matter what it is. The one exception is dairy. Damaged vili tend to leave a person lactose intolerant, usually temporarily, until after they heal.

My point is you shouldn't go by what others are sensitive to. It is very individual what/if people react to and everyone has different symptoms for the same food, there is no given set of reactions for a given food and our own reactions can vary i expression from time to time. Our immune systems can decide to call pretty much anything an enemy too, for those of us who tend to have allergies.

I just got off the dairy.. But not really long enough yet to notice a difference

Give it some time, hon. You're just staring this journey of healing.

Thaanks :)