5 replies to this topic

#1 Skittles

Skittles

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 01:30 PM

Hello, I am still newly diagnosed but have been suffering all of my life. Now that I am paying more attention to my body and what I put in to it I think I have sensitivities to other foods as well, such as corn. I feel that there may be more. Can you guys tell me some foods that you are sensitive to?
Diagnosed with celiac by blood test in the beginning of April 2012 and confirmed with endoscopy April 20th 2012.
Gluten free since May 2012 (for 5 months.. relapsed for about a month and have been gluten free again since Nov 2012)
Corn & corn syrup free since May 2012
Dairy limited since Aug 2012
Nightshades limited since Aug 2012

Fructose limited since Nov 2012

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 04:08 PM

Hon, if you are newly diagnosed, you are still suffering from serious inflammation in your gut lining.

You may feel as if EVERYTHING is causing you a problem right now.

Let's start at the beginning: have you eliminated dairy?

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

#3 missy'smom

missy'smom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,953 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 04:54 PM

If you put all our individual sensitivities and additional allergies together in a list it would comprise of pretty much everything. No joke. If you polled on any one food, you'd find many who are allergic/intolerant/sensitive to that one and it would seem that one is common, no matter what it is. The one exception is dairy. Damaged vili tend to leave a person lactose intolerant, usually temporarily, until after they heal.

My point is you shouldn't go by what others are sensitive to. It is very individual what/if people react to and everyone has different symptoms for the same food, there is no given set of reactions for a given food and our own reactions can vary i expression from time to time. Our immune systems can decide to call pretty much anything an enemy too, for those of us who tend to have allergies.
Me: GLUTEN-FREE 7/06, multiple food allergies, T2 DIABETES DX 8/08, LADA-Latent Autoimmune Diabetes in Adults, Who knew food allergies could trigger an autoimmune attack on the pancreas?! 1/11 Re-DX T1 DM, pos. DQ2 Celiac gene test 9/11
Son: ADHD '06,
neg. CELIAC PANEL 5/07
ALLERGY: "positive" blood and skin tests to wheat, which triggers his eczema '08
ENTEROLAB testing: elevated Fecal Anti-tissue Transglutaminase IgA Dec. '08
Gluten-free-Feb. '09
other food allergies

#4 Skittles

Skittles

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 06:25 AM

I just got off the dairy.. But not really long enough yet to notice a difference
Diagnosed with celiac by blood test in the beginning of April 2012 and confirmed with endoscopy April 20th 2012.
Gluten free since May 2012 (for 5 months.. relapsed for about a month and have been gluten free again since Nov 2012)

#5 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 06:27 AM

Give it some time, hon. You're just staring this journey of healing.

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

#6 Skittles

Skittles

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 12:00 PM

Thaanks :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: