2 replies to this topic

#1 USF1970

USF1970

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 05:46 PM

The ‘latest’ on The Lady and Sons’ in Savannah, GA!!!!
Well, do you want the good news or the bad news? I’ve lived in Savannah for over 25 years and have eaten at Paula Dean’s on numerous occasions (THANKFULLY many times before I was Dx’d in 1998). After my diagnosis I was able to eat there b/c the wait staff knew what was gluten-free on the buffet and what wasn’t. WELL……I had dinner there last night and the waiter told me that the only foods I could eat on the buffet were the ribs (no sauce) and the salads as long as I used oil and vinegar. NO VEGGIES……that’s what she’s known for and I’ve ALWAYS been able to eat them before. I think she’s become over-cautious but that’s just my opinion. Now for the good news………she’s offering a gluten-free menu!!!!! BUT, it’s mostly broiled fish and rice-based. I’m sure her broiled fish is delicious BUT I eat broiled fish and rice ALL THE TIME. Having said all that, one dish that is gluten-free is her shrimp and grits. Now I’ve grown up eating grits and I don’t know what she does to her grits but they are out of this world. However, that’s the ONLY thing you’re eating……shrimp and grits – no veggies, salad, bread, etc. Even though I was far from full, I gave up after a while (although I sure as heck enjoyed the left-overs for lunch today……what there was left of them). AND she offers a gluten-free dessert……………flourless chocolate torte of course, but it was scrumptious. So the big take-away is this…..if you’re coming to Savannah and want to eat at Lady and Sons you can safely do so and have a fabulous dinner – pricey but fabulous (if you’re content eating just one dish). Bon Apatite…….

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 lynnelise

lynnelise

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 474 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 05:46 AM

Good news! I love Savannah and I was sad I'd never get to eat at Lady & Sons' again! Thanks for the update! :)

#3 raea2002

raea2002

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 06:33 AM

Yummy! On our way to FL we detoured there and stayed overnight and ate at lady and sons. It was fabulous! I fell in love with Savannah, GA that day. Thanks for the info!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: