2 replies to this topic

#1 SensitiveMe

SensitiveMe

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 01:47 PM

I am Rose. Only recently came back online after being off for several years. I have been reading on this board for the past two weeks. While offline I also read quite a bit about Celiac Disease and Gluten Intolerance.

A bit over 2 years ago and during a stressful time I suddenly became nauseous and my GI tract went into quivering followed by constant spasming and constipation, episodes of very high blood pressures, my hair becoming very thin, my arms and legs tingling, shortness of breath and I steadily lost weight.

The endoscopy showed erosive gastritis but negative for Celiac Disease. After a blood test in which Digestive Disease Dr. said my IGE was very very high she did further blood work and said I was allergic to wheat and corn and that in time I would heal up. Onto an allergist who said I can't be allergic but an intolerant. I also stopped eating anything with soy quite a few years ago as it was causing me to have constant diarrhea. After quitting soy I started making my own bread using a bread flour with a high gluten content so perhaps that may have contributed toward the problem. I was lactose intolerant since my teens and a test now shows severe lactose intolerance. Whatever the problem since I stopped eating wheat a red raised rash I had for at least 20 years near both elbows has totally disappeared. However I still am in a state of constant GI spasming and constipation.

Am just introducing myself and giving background info. I enjoy visiting the forum here. You seem like a very supportive group of people and with a sense of humor. I'm still waiting for my sense of humor to come back :) and hopefully some of yours will rub off on me. Also looking forward to the recipe section. I recently discovered quinoa and love it and eat it just about everyday.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 T.H.

T.H.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 12:01 AM

Welcome to the group! Hope you can find some help and answers here. :-)

And yeah, the recipe section has tons of good ideas!

T.H.

Gluten free since August 10, 2009.
21 years with undiagnosed Celiac Disease

23 years with undiagnosed sulfite sensitivity

25 years with undiagnosed mast cell activation disorder (MCAD) 

Daughter: celiac and MCAD positive

Son: gluten intolerant
Father, brother: celiac positive

#3 Bubba's Mom

Bubba's Mom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 06:39 AM

Hello and welcome! I'm so glad gluten-free is helping you. Try probiotics for the intestinal spasms. With regular use you should see some improvement?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: