5 replies to this topic

#1 leudy

leudy

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 September 2005 - 04:33 PM

I have just had and endoscopy and a biopsy. The pictures of my small intestines were terrible , Lots of irratation and some pus ! My doc is treating me for a shingles types viral infection but we are (doc Included) think this is coming from wheat intolerance. Have any of you ever had infection and severe irration from Celiac ? I would love to compare to others who had seen theit biopsy pictures!!!
thanks,
Lisa

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 debmidge

debmidge

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,566 posts

Posted 10 September 2005 - 03:24 AM

Leudy

My husband who has celiac disease was diagnosed late 2003 and finally decided to have endoscopy a year later in 2004; by that point the minor celiac disease damage was healed but he had an ucler that the Dr. attributed to the erosion of tissue due to years of misdiagnosed celiac disease. The ucler was in the final stages of being healed, however.

DM
Husband has Celiac Disease and
Husband misdiagnosed for 27 yrs -
The misdiagnosis was: IBS or colitis
Mis-diagnosed from 1977 to 2003 by various gastros including one of the largest,
most prestigious medical groups in northern NJ which constantly advertises themselves as
being the "best." This GI told him it was "all in his head."
Serious Depressive state ensued
Finally Diagnosed with celiac disease in 2003
Other food sensitivities: almost all fruits, vegetables, spices, eggs, nuts, yeast, fried foods, roughage, soy.
Needs to gain back at least 25 lbs. of the 40 lbs pounds he lost - lost a great amout of body fat and muscle
Developed neuropathy in 2005
Now has lymphadema 2006
It is my opinion that his subsequent disorders could have been avoided had he been diagnosed sooner by any of the dozen or so doctors he saw between 1977 to 2003

#3 Carriefaith

Carriefaith

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,861 posts

Posted 10 September 2005 - 07:02 AM

Have any of you ever had infection and severe irration from Celiac ?

Many years of undiagnosed celiac disease can result in severe intestinal damage to the villi (villi line the intestinall wall). Were your villi flat or partially flat? Did you have blood tests done?
Carrie Faith

Diagnosed with Celiac Disease in March 2004
Postitive tTg Blood Test, December 2003
Positive Biopsy, March 3, 2004

#4 thomas3000

thomas3000

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 10 September 2005 - 12:04 PM

[Check my post on celiac and infections...I wasn't kidding..I just got a stool test result stating that I had a Helicobacter Pylori infection along with bacterial overgrowth. Yes you can have infections.. I would encourage a stool test and some probiotics. L-glutamine aids in healing..

#5 leudy

leudy

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 10 September 2005 - 04:49 PM

Many years of undiagnosed celiac disease can result in severe intestinal damage to the villi (villi line the intestinall wall). Were your villi flat or partially flat? Did you have blood tests done?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have the pictures and I am not sure what villi should look like. The pictures are of the beginning of the small intestine and it looks sort of cracked and the whole area including inside is discolored. It doesn't look like the healthy pink tissue that it should be and some areas look kind of like a yeast infection! Sounds weird I know! Thanks for your reply! Lisa

#6 Carriefaith

Carriefaith

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,861 posts

Posted 10 September 2005 - 07:16 PM

There definitely seems to be something going on... I would request a biopsy, if it hasn't already been done.
Carrie Faith

Diagnosed with Celiac Disease in March 2004
Postitive tTg Blood Test, December 2003
Positive Biopsy, March 3, 2004

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: