This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Udi's Muffins

KMMO320

KMMO320 Contributor

I am so happy I found these!!

I have always been a muffin junkie. I have been mourning the loss of chocolate chip Muffins from Dunkin Donuts. I came across Udi's brand of double chocolate muffins in a freezer near the bakery in the supermarket. at 7.99 for a box of FOUR I was like omg..I cant buy these..thats SO EXPENSIVE!! but I did and when I took the first bite I was nervous it would be NASTY. But it was REALLY good! A little grainy but pretty decent. So excited!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

love2travel Mentor

If you have a muffin craving in the future, they are very simple to make just as good gluten free. And for quite a bit cheaper. :) That is, if you are so inclined... :)

ravenwoodglass Mentor

If you have a muffin craving in the future, they are very simple to make just as good gluten free. And for quite a bit cheaper. :) That is, if you are so inclined... :)

They sure are easy and a great way to use up bananas or blueberries before they turn bad. I really like the Pamela's baking mix for muffins. So easy to make and I find they freeze well. If I don't freeze half the batch I will eat them all the first day.

love2travel Mentor

They sure are easy and a great way to use up bananas or blueberries before they turn bad. I really like the Pamela's baking mix for muffins. So easy to make and I find they freeze well. If I don't freeze half the batch I will eat them all the first day.

Amen to using up ingredients! Strawberry banana and flax muffins are one of my favourites, as is banana nut chocolate and lemon poppyseed. I have not yet tried any baking mixes but I have heard many good comments regarding Pamela's mixes.

KMMO320 Contributor

ok...im interested...how do I make them??

Mateto Enthusiast

Amen to using up ingredients! Strawberry banana and flax muffins are one of my favourites, as is banana nut chocolate and lemon poppyseed. I have not yet tried any baking mixes but I have heard many good comments regarding Pamela's mixes.

STOP! I just had cake. Now I'm craving muffins.

There's no maintaining weight with this forum :rolleyes:

But you must give us the recipe for those banana nut chocolate muffins. Puhhhhllleeeaaazzze?

love2travel Mentor

STOP! I just had cake. Now I'm craving muffins.

There's no maintaining weight with this forum :rolleyes:

But you must give us the recipe for those banana nut chocolate muffins. Puhhhhllleeeaaazzze?

...and don't forget Pineapple Coconut or Peach Almond. :P

Open Original Shared Link The secret is roasting the bananas first for better flavour. I simply add some flax and very good chocolate which I cut into chunks and slivers using my knife. This makes excellent banana bread but also very good muffins! Use whatever blend you have on hand for this. I make my own blends but you do not need to for muffins as they are so forgiving.

How about this version with bourbon? Simply substitute your favourite blend for the 2 cups of flour (as long as it is basic including starches such as tapioca and white rice flour - nothing crazy or wild here).

Open Original Shared Link

Off the topic but this site also contains the recipe for the world's best gluten-free chocolate chip cookies by the Gluten Free Girl and the Chef. The secret here is to refrigerate the dough for 48 hours. This is the only recipe you will ever want to use. Ever.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Mateto Enthusiast

...and don't forget Pineapple Coconut or Peach Almond. :P

Open Original Shared Link The secret is roasting the bananas first for better flavour. I simply add some flax and very good chocolate which I cut into chunks and slivers using my knife. This makes excellent banana bread but also very good muffins! Use whatever blend you have on hand for this. I make my own blends but you do not need to for muffins as they are so forgiving.

How about this version with bourbon? Simply substitute your favourite blend for the 2 cups of flour (as long as it is basic including starches such as tapioca and white rice flour - nothing crazy or wild here).

Off the topic but this site also contains the recipe for the world's best gluten-free chocolate chip cookies by the Gluten Free Girl and the Chef. The secret here is to refrigerate the dough for 48 hours. This is the only recipe you will ever want to use. Ever.

Enabler.

Thank you much! I needed some mroe recipes. I find a lot of my old recipes do not work converted to gluten-free, simply because wheat is just what MADE the recipe! But, I'm working on it though. I'll win in the end, I will.

love2travel Mentor

Enabler.

Thank you much! I needed some mroe recipes. I find a lot of my old recipes do not work converted to gluten-free, simply because wheat is just what MADE the recipe! But, I'm working on it though. I'll win in the end, I will.

Enabler. :lol:

One of my favourite sites with contemporary gluten-free recipes is www.glutenfreegoddess.com. Her brownies are delicious as well.

If I crave something, I simply find a way to make it such as crepes, biscuits, scones, pizza crust, cookies, cakes, breads, bagels, pastry and so on. The only things I have not mastered at this point are puff pastry, phyllo pastry, croissants and yeast (not cake) doughnuts.

And yes, you WILL win!

Archived