#1 KMMO320

KMMO320

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 05:22 AM

I am so happy I found these!!

I have always been a muffin junkie. I have been mourning the loss of chocolate chip Muffins from Dunkin Donuts. I came across Udi's brand of double chocolate muffins in a freezer near the bakery in the supermarket. at 7.99 for a box of FOUR I was like omg..I cant buy these..thats SO EXPENSIVE!! but I did and when I took the first bite I was nervous it would be NASTY. But it was REALLY good! A little grainy but pretty decent. So excited!

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 love2travel

love2travel

Čeznem da se u Hrvatskoj!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 01:14 PM

If you have a muffin craving in the future, they are very simple to make just as good gluten free. And for quite a bit cheaper. :) That is, if you are so inclined... :)
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#3 ravenwoodglass

ravenwoodglass

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,713 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 01:34 PM

If you have a muffin craving in the future, they are very simple to make just as good gluten free. And for quite a bit cheaper. :) That is, if you are so inclined... :)

They sure are easy and a great way to use up bananas or blueberries before they turn bad. I really like the Pamela's baking mix for muffins. So easy to make and I find they freeze well. If I don't freeze half the batch I will eat them all the first day.
Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying
"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

celiac 49 years - Misdiagnosed for 45
Blood tested and repeatedly negative
Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002
Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis
All bold resoved or went into remission with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002
Some residual nerve damage remains as of 2006- this has continued to resolve after eliminating soy in 2007

Mother died of celiac related cancer at 56
Twin brother died as a result of autoimmune liver destruction at age 15

Children 2 with Ulcers, GERD, Depression, , 1 with DH, 1 with severe growth stunting (male adult 5 feet)both finally diagnosed Celiac through blood testing and 1 with endo 6 months after Mom

Positive to Soy and Casien also Aug 2007

Gluten Sensitivity Gene Test Aug 2007
HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

#4 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 01:43 PM

They sure are easy and a great way to use up bananas or blueberries before they turn bad. I really like the Pamela's baking mix for muffins. So easy to make and I find they freeze well. If I don't freeze half the batch I will eat them all the first day.

Amen to using up ingredients! Strawberry banana and flax muffins are one of my favourites, as is banana nut chocolate and lemon poppyseed. I have not yet tried any baking mixes but I have heard many good comments regarding Pamela's mixes.
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#5 KMMO320

KMMO320

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 02:43 PM

ok...im interested...how do I make them??

#6 Mateto

Mateto

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 04:15 PM

Amen to using up ingredients! Strawberry banana and flax muffins are one of my favourites, as is banana nut chocolate and lemon poppyseed. I have not yet tried any baking mixes but I have heard many good comments regarding Pamela's mixes.

STOP! I just had cake. Now I'm craving muffins.

There's no maintaining weight with this forum :rolleyes:

But you must give us the recipe for those banana nut chocolate muffins. Puhhhhllleeeaaazzze?
Gluten-free since St George's Day this year :)

#7 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 04:49 PM

STOP! I just had cake. Now I'm craving muffins.

There's no maintaining weight with this forum :rolleyes:

But you must give us the recipe for those banana nut chocolate muffins. Puhhhhllleeeaaazzze?

...and don't forget Pineapple Coconut or Peach Almond. :P

http://leitesculinar...nana-bread.html The secret is roasting the bananas first for better flavour. I simply add some flax and very good chocolate which I cut into chunks and slivers using my knife. This makes excellent banana bread but also very good muffins! Use whatever blend you have on hand for this. I make my own blends but you do not need to for muffins as they are so forgiving.

How about this version with bourbon? Simply substitute your favourite blend for the 2 cups of flour (as long as it is basic including starches such as tapioca and white rice flour - nothing crazy or wild here).
http://leitesculinar...nana-bread.html

Off the topic but this site also contains the recipe for the world's best gluten-free chocolate chip cookies by the Gluten Free Girl and the Chef. The secret here is to refrigerate the dough for 48 hours. This is the only recipe you will ever want to use. Ever.
http://leitesculinar...ip-cookies.html

#8 Mateto

Mateto

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 04:54 PM

...and don't forget Pineapple Coconut or Peach Almond. :P

http://leitesculinar...nana-bread.html The secret is roasting the bananas first for better flavour. I simply add some flax and very good chocolate which I cut into chunks and slivers using my knife. This makes excellent banana bread but also very good muffins! Use whatever blend you have on hand for this. I make my own blends but you do not need to for muffins as they are so forgiving.

How about this version with bourbon? Simply substitute your favourite blend for the 2 cups of flour (as long as it is basic including starches such as tapioca and white rice flour - nothing crazy or wild here).
http://leitesculinar...nana-bread.html

Off the topic but this site also contains the recipe for the world's best gluten-free chocolate chip cookies by the Gluten Free Girl and the Chef. The secret here is to refrigerate the dough for 48 hours. This is the only recipe you will ever want to use. Ever.
http://leitesculinar...ip-cookies.html

Enabler.
Thank you much! I needed some mroe recipes. I find a lot of my old recipes do not work converted to gluten-free, simply because wheat is just what MADE the recipe! But, I'm working on it though. I'll win in the end, I will.
Gluten-free since St George's Day this year :)

#9 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 05:04 PM

Enabler.
Thank you much! I needed some mroe recipes. I find a lot of my old recipes do not work converted to gluten-free, simply because wheat is just what MADE the recipe! But, I'm working on it though. I'll win in the end, I will.

Enabler. :lol:

One of my favourite sites with contemporary gluten-free recipes is www.glutenfreegoddess.com. Her brownies are delicious as well.

If I crave something, I simply find a way to make it such as crepes, biscuits, scones, pizza crust, cookies, cakes, breads, bagels, pastry and so on. The only things I have not mastered at this point are puff pastry, phyllo pastry, croissants and yeast (not cake) doughnuts.

And yes, you WILL win!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: