3 replies to this topic

#1 raea2002

raea2002

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 06:37 AM

We were traveling yesterday, and I know that Bob Evans is "safe" to eat at. Their menu is VERY limited though. The manager told me that starting this Thursday they were offering an improved menu options for gluten free people. I was so excited because I do enjoy going out with my family once and a while.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 BabsV

BabsV

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 11:05 PM

It is great that they are starting to offer a gluten-free menu but I'd quiz the manager very very carefully about CC issues before eating anything there. Just because they offer a gluten-free menu doesn't mean they "get" what gluten-free really means (not just the ingredients!)

#3 raea2002

raea2002

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 04:05 AM

They are good about making sure about it as long as you tell a manager and make them aware. Ive had managers personally prepare my food to ensure I'd have no problems.

#4 BabsV

BabsV

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 07:24 AM

They are good about making sure about it as long as you tell a manager and make them aware. Ive had managers personally prepare my food to ensure I'd have no problems.

Excellent! And lucky you!

I am thinking of the Bob Evans near where our house is...really awful customer service with a ton of staff turnover. I would doubt their commitment to gluten-free.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: