This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

I Am So Nauseated ... What Is This?

Pisqualie

Pisqualie Apprentice

Ugh! I feel so sick to my stomach! I am afraid to eat anything - it all seems to make me sick! I have attempted to eat three items since Sunday (it's Tuesday today) and each time, I get about five bites in, and am having to mind over matter to not gag and wretch. Then I am incredibly nauseated afterward for hours. So ... I just gave up. I thought it was milk, then corn, then just figured it was everything - by Sunday I looked into my cupboards and then just shut the door. I don't want to risk anything.

Now I am woozy and feeling faint and sick. I tried to eat lunch - made chicken - and bleh. Couldn't finish it and am still repulsed by the idea of food. I don't think I am sick?

I am under tremendous stress, however. I feel like I am managing the stress and dealing ok but ... maybe not. But food is actually causing anxiety now.

Has this ever happened to anyone else? What do you eat when you can't eat anything? :( I really don't want to go on medication. I, do, however, think maybe that endoscope and colonoscopy may be a good idea?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Adalaide Mentor

I have always had success with ginger ale (a good brand, not cheap crap) and bitters over ice. It usually calms my stomach enough to get a little something in me. Since discovering cream of rice cereal I find that is a great go-to if I don't feel well enough to eat. It hardly comes any more mild than that. I keep a few containers of baby food applesauce on hand also, which I'll eat alone or put in my rice cereal. If all else fails, I take a "less drowsy" Dramamine and pass out for 12 hours.

Bubba's Mom Enthusiast

There are all sorts of things that can cause nausea. Some vitamin deficiencies can cause it. Go to your Dr. and see if an endoscope and check of your vitamin/mineral levels in order?

When I was so sick before being DXed I got some ginger root and gnawed on a little piece when it got real bad. It helped.

Some herbal teas with a bit of honey are good too. Bananas, rice, chicken are usually easy to digest.

If you feel a bit hungry, eat something. Don't stop to think if it's lunch time or whatever. Don't force yourself to eat meals either. Nibbles of things are fine for a bit until you get things sorted out.

(((hugs)))

GFinDC Veteran

Ok, you might want to try some Betaine HCL a couple times a week. And some proboitics. Betaine HCL turns to stomach acid in your tummy, and can get rid of nasty bacteria that may have taken up lodging there. Sometimes people are low on stomach acid. Also some mastic gum once in a while may help. It has been used for centuries to aid digestion. Staying away from sugars and starches can also help. Bacteria thrive on sugars and starches. Starches are turned into sugars when they hit your digestive system. Plain simple diet, Less ingredients to make you sick. Forget the fancy gourmet foods for awhile. Give your system a chance to settle down. Staying away from alcohol can also help.

Pisqualie Apprentice

Thanks guys - it's gotten really bad. I haven't eaten, essentially, for a week now and feel faint and woozy. My breathing changes, I have sharp pains. I am so hungry. I am repulsed by the idea of food but will get so hungry that I finally will eat a few bites of something... then comes a gag reflex, and hours and hours of stomach cramps and nausea.

It is like my stomach organ itself is contracting. I am so afraid of putting anything in my mouth, and I know I am dehydrated. Even water is causing issues. Hubby is getting worried. I have anxiety now over it. I know being empty is causing issues to be worse, but it's a chicken/egg thing at this point.

Hubby wants to get in for the endo/colon scope. Five lbs down this week and keep missing my exercise classes due to feeling faint. :(

Whine, whine, sob, sob ... sorry. Something just feels terribly wrong. :(

Archived