Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Celiac.com Store.

Series Of Blood Test Next Week To Confirm

3 posts in this topic

Hi, my name is Eileen and I have really been sick since 3/17/12, all of a sudden I had this terrible sick feeling and I lost my appitite and I developed this bad taste in my mouth. I've been to a series of doctors, including my GI, and he has given me a scrip for a series of blood test to see if I do have celiac. It all started with the coffee, it started making me really sick. I thought maybe it was the 1% milk I was putting in my coffee, so I decided to switch to Soy milk, I was still feeling very sick, it was definently the coffee. This should be very interesting, I have gluetn free cereal in the morning, along with the Soy and I seem fine. Oh, if you only knew how sick I was, and all my bloodtest were coming up normal. I will post and let you know how it goes with the bloodtest, it takes 10 days for the results.

Eileen P., NJ

Ads by Google:

Let us know! Coffee is hard on your stomach. And I can sympathize with being so sick since I experienced the same thing. If the test comes back negative but you find a gluten free diet makes you feel better, I would stick with it!

I don't know what's making you ill, but keep a food diary. Document everything that gets past your mouth to include lotions and lipsticks/lip balms.

Gluten intolerance and dairy intolerance often go hand in hand until some healing can take place in the small intestines. Dairy can be successfully be reintroduced after a time out.

If your GI might recommend an endoscopy test to check out your small intestines, it's recommended that you continue to digest gluten. If that's not an option try to schedule your appointment asap.

Celiac can be triggered by many things like stress, mono, illness, pregnancy, surgery or any trama. Never heard about coffee ;) . Hopefully, you will know soon.

Hope you get your answers shortly. :)