This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Semi-Diagnosed

valjvar

valjvar Newbie

This is my first post but have been reading for the last couple of weeks. I've been dealing with alot of issues for yrs. Started in 2005 with my first colonoscopy, second one last sept.(2011) first one showed gastritis, 2nd one GI said suspected Gluten sensitivity, gastritis, and duodenitis..went back a month later PA said no to Celiac that it is IBS..I've continued to have more and more trouble D, Headaches, fatigue, allergys, Gerd,and most recently the last six months blood sugar, hight blood pressure and bad joint pain in both knees and elbows, stiffness and swelling in hand when I wake. I had went to an allergist approx. 2 yrs ago. He did a pin test, said I was allergic to dairy and malt..so I started using soy milk..

long story short, I went to a Nutritionist a month ago, she looked at all my tests and immediately put me on a gluten/dairy/soy free diet..I have to say I haven't felt so good in years, until last night..UGH...don't know what I did wrong except had coffeemate in my coffee..I was in so much pain it was awful...can a little bit of dairy cause so much pain??? I go back to see the Nutritionist on Friday we will see what she has to say..

I was feeling so good, I cleaned all of the gluten/dairy/soy out of my cabinets yesterday to only get so sick last night..I sure hope I'm on the right track...

Thanks for listening and all advise is welcomed....

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

beachbirdie Contributor

This is my first post but have been reading for the last couple of weeks. I've been dealing with alot of issues for yrs. Started in 2005 with my first colonoscopy, second one last sept.(2011) first one showed gastritis, 2nd one GI said suspected Gluten sensitivity, gastritis, and duodenitis..went back a month later PA said no to Celiac that it is IBS..I've continued to have more and more trouble D, Headaches, fatigue, allergys, Gerd,and most recently the last six months blood sugar, hight blood pressure and bad joint pain in both knees and elbows, stiffness and swelling in hand when I wake. I had went to an allergist approx. 2 yrs ago. He did a pin test, said I was allergic to dairy and malt..so I started using soy milk..

long story short, I went to a Nutritionist a month ago, she looked at all my tests and immediately put me on a gluten/dairy/soy free diet..I have to say I haven't felt so good in years, until last night..UGH...don't know what I did wrong except had coffeemate in my coffee..I was in so much pain it was awful...can a little bit of dairy cause so much pain??? I go back to see the Nutritionist on Friday we will see what she has to say..

I was feeling so good, I cleaned all of the gluten/dairy/soy out of my cabinets yesterday to only get so sick last night..I sure hope I'm on the right track...

Thanks for listening and all advise is welcomed....

Did you use regular Coffe-mate or did you use their "natural bliss" product? Did you use the name-brand, or a knock-off? Coffee-mate is non-dairy and is supposed to have no lactose, as well as having no gluten.

So the PA called it IBS? I wish I had a dollar for every gluten-sensitive person who was told they have IBS. IBS is a name they give people with intestinal distress that they can't find an answer for. Even when the answer is right in front of them. Ugh.

Did you have any celiac-specific testing done?

valjvar Newbie

Did you use regular Coffe-mate or did you use their "natural bliss" product? Did you use the name-brand, or a knock-off? Coffee-mate is non-dairy and is supposed to have no lactose, as well as having no gluten.

So the PA called it IBS? I wish I had a dollar for every gluten-sensitive person who was told they have IBS. IBS is a name they give people with intestinal distress that they can't find an answer for. Even when the answer is right in front of them. Ugh.

Did you have any celiac-specific testing done?

[

Your right, I just looked at the coffee-mate and it is gluten/lactose free...I don't know what happened, I am keeping a food diary right now for the nutritionist. We will see on Friday..

As far as the celiac specific testing, the only thing I know of for sure is they took 4 biopsy of my colon. The only thing I got back was what the GI doc said...

ravenwoodglass Mentor

Your right, I just looked at the coffee-mate and it is gluten/lactose free...I don't know what happened, I am keeping a food diary right now for the nutritionist. We will see on Friday..

As far as the celiac specific testing, the only thing I know of for sure is they took 4 biopsy of my colon. The only thing I got back was what the GI doc said...

It is lactose free but is it casien free? You may be reacting to the milk protein (casien) rather than the milk sugar (lactose)

If you can go with as much whole naturally gluten free food as you can. It is much easier at first.

Archived