Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Contamination On Food Boxes

54 posts in this topic

I feel like the main fear is CC of restaurants who just don't have the full understanding of how large the market is of people suffering from some form of a dietary restriction.

Ads by Google:

haha Growing up I lived with or next door to my mom, my aunt, my grandmother, three female cousins and my grandfather...I learned young not to underestimate a woman, as I'm sure my grandfather must have to have survived.

I can still recall the horrors of forgetting to put down the toilet seat... :ph34r:

Ahhhhhhhh, here is a wise, wise man , ladies! :D

haha Growing up I lived with or next door to my mom, my aunt, my grandmother, three female cousins and my grandfather...I learned young not to underestimate a woman, as I'm sure my grandfather must have to have survived.

I can still recall the horrors of forgetting to put down the toilet seat... :ph34r:

I know exactly what you mean, I grew up with four older sisters, my mom, cousins, now my nieces. Me and Dad had to everything we could everyday to make the girls happy. Its only proper....(and its so you dont get in trouble)

I think it is easy to be a little over concerned about gluten contamination at first. When people are new to the gluten-free diet especially, and they suddenly start having to be aware of minute, invisible traces of something that can make them sick, they may get a little over zealous about it for a while. That kind of goes along with the "I see celiacs everywhere" phase too. And the "burn all the wheat fields" phase. Or maybe only I had that last one. :)

@ Heidi,

Your celiacs or non-gluten eaters may get over this hyper-concern after a while. That may take some time though and probably won't happen until they have started feeling better for a while.

You should also know that some of us develop additional food intolerances and can react to other foods, like nightshades, soy, corn etc. Sometimes people mistake those reactions for gluten reactions.

And at first when you are gluten free and your body is reacting to just about anything you eat, it can be very confusing. The first assumption is often that it is a gluten reaction, but it may be another food intolerance or could be just adjustment to the gluten-free diet. It takes some time for a person's damaged gut to settle down and for them to feel "normal" again.

But, welcome to the site, and the controversy that is the gluten-free diet! :)