53 replies to this topic

#46 squirmingitch

squirmingitch

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 04:14 PM

LOL! Well, Irish can be what she wants. As for me, I'm jest a lil ol' southun belle who wouldn't hurt a fly.Posted ImagePosted Image

Self diagnosed dh Sept. 2011~~~ confirmed dx July 18, 2012
Gluten free Dec. 2011
Soy free Dec. 2011
Hubs self diagnosed dh March 30, 2012
Hubs gluten free March 30, 2012

Summer 2013 We both have added back a little soy which is near unavoidable & we are doing okay with that small amount.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#47 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 04:24 PM

LOL! Well, Irish can be what she wants. As for me, I'm jest a lil ol' southun belle who wouldn't hurt a fly.Posted ImagePosted Image

Bulloney!...if I were in a fight tomorrow, I'd want you as my wing man. I know you're a scrappy lil thing!!

but we are really, really HIGHJACKING this thread --so we need to FOCUS and stay ON TOPIC----and we need to ask the OP if her question was answered??

O P? well?? :)

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

#48 heidi b

heidi b

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 10:55 PM

Yes, my question was answered. Thanks for all your input.

#49 Lisa

Lisa

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,799 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 04:30 AM

Yes, my question was answered. Thanks for all your input.

...and then some! :o :P
Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

#50 FoodisLife12

FoodisLife12

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 05:39 AM

On another note, does your family's fear about gluten affect your habits when dining out? Do you even get to go out? Or have you adapted your lifestyle to accommodate the rest of your loved ones? If so, the possibility still exists for all of you to enjoy eating out a restaurant every once in a while. Most places, reputable ones anyway, will accommodate any food allergy/dietary restrictions.

#51 FoodisLife12

FoodisLife12

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 07:00 AM

I feel like the main fear is CC of restaurants who just don't have the full understanding of how large the market is of people suffering from some form of a dietary restriction.

#52 Gemini

Gemini

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,153 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 09:17 AM

haha Growing up I lived with or next door to my mom, my aunt, my grandmother, three female cousins and my grandfather...I learned young not to underestimate a woman, as I'm sure my grandfather must have to have survived.

I can still recall the horrors of forgetting to put down the toilet seat... :ph34r:

Ahhhhhhhh, here is a wise, wise man , ladies! :D

#53 FoodisLife12

FoodisLife12

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 09:26 AM

haha Growing up I lived with or next door to my mom, my aunt, my grandmother, three female cousins and my grandfather...I learned young not to underestimate a woman, as I'm sure my grandfather must have to have survived.

I can still recall the horrors of forgetting to put down the toilet seat... :ph34r:

I know exactly what you mean, I grew up with four older sisters, my mom, cousins, now my nieces. Me and Dad had to everything we could everyday to make the girls happy. Its only proper....(and its so you dont get in trouble)

#54 GFinDC

GFinDC

A little farting never hurt anybody... :-).

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,147 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 06:53 PM

I think it is easy to be a little over concerned about gluten contamination at first. When people are new to the gluten-free diet especially, and they suddenly start having to be aware of minute, invisible traces of something that can make them sick, they may get a little over zealous about it for a while. That kind of goes along with the "I see celiacs everywhere" phase too. And the "burn all the wheat fields" phase. Or maybe only I had that last one. :)

@ Heidi,
Your celiacs or non-gluten eaters may get over this hyper-concern after a while. That may take some time though and probably won't happen until they have started feeling better for a while.

You should also know that some of us develop additional food intolerances and can react to other foods, like nightshades, soy, corn etc. Sometimes people mistake those reactions for gluten reactions.

And at first when you are gluten free and your body is reacting to just about anything you eat, it can be very confusing. The first assumption is often that it is a gluten reaction, but it may be another food intolerance or could be just adjustment to the gluten-free diet. It takes some time for a person's damaged gut to settle down and for them to feel "normal" again.

But, welcome to the site, and the controversy that is the gluten-free diet! :)
Proverbs 25:16 "Hast thou found honey? eat so much as is sufficient for thee, lest thou be filled therewith, and vomit it."
Job 30:27 My bowels boiled, and rested not: the days of affliction prevented me.
Thyroid cyst and nodules, Lactose / casein intolerant. Diet positive, gene test pos, symptoms confirmed by Dr-head. My current bad list is: gluten, dairy, sulfites, coffee (the devil's brew), tea, Bug's Bunnies carrots, garbanzo beans of pain, soy- no joy, terrible turnips, tomatoes, peppers, potatoes, and hard work. have a good day! :-) Paul

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: