8 replies to this topic

#1 1desperateladysaved

1desperateladysaved

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 05:24 AM

*My dentist noticed the enamel off of my teeth by 1990.

*A dentist, in alarm, said you have allergies big time. 199-.

*My Obstetritian told me she thought I had 5% of my bone mass left at age about 25.

All of the above were given without advice or information about what to do. It was totally mysterious and I shrugged it off.

My chiropractor told me that my metabolism was more out of balance than people that had had chemotherapy. 1993.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Razzle Dazzle Brazell

Razzle Dazzle Brazell

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 05:47 AM

*My dentist noticed the enamel off of my teeth by 1990.

*A dentist, in alarm, said you have allergies big time. 199-.

*My Obstetritian told me she thought I had 5% of my bone mass left at age about 25.

All of the above were given without advice or information about what to do. It was totally mysterious and I shrugged it off.

My chiropractor told me that my metabolism was more out of balance than people that had had chemotherapy. 1993.

Wow! I think doctors are either too busy or do not want to admit they are less than Gods and dont know everything.

I also have had enamel deficiency since I was middle school. I am now almost twenty-two. I had hyperlordosis that was completely ignored for years and no one even mentioned as well as a degenerated disc at the base of my spine that no one mentioned despite a gazillion xrays. I found out recently on out of pocket trip to a chiropractor.
Gluten and Oat Free 6/'12
Dairy, Corn and Yeast free 7/'12
Nightshade Free, Candida diet & low salicylates 8/'12
Nightshades and carbs and sugars limitedly reintroduced, most salicylates now tolerated 9/'12
No longer Reacting to yeasty breads 10/'12
Test confirmed yeast overgrowth, back on Candida diet 11/'12

You only get one life so make it count.

#3 dilettantesteph

dilettantesteph

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,035 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 05:55 AM

I also had enamel problems since forever. A local dentist spoke to our celiac support group recently. They are trying to educate dentists so that they will point their patients with certain celiac indicators such as enamel problems towards testing for celiac disease.

#4 slee11211

slee11211

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 07:22 PM

Doctor told me that 9 mos of what seemed like food sickness was IBS, that I'd have it for life, and to go join a support group.

After birth of my son, I went from a size 10 to a size -2 in about 6 months...then in another 6 month back up to a size 12!

Another doctor told me that I just had chronic reflux, put me on higher and higher doses of meds, finally put me under to take a look and didn't see a thing related to celiac.

At that time, I had chronic urticaria all over my body for 3 yrs....constant sinus infections, caught every single cold etc that came my way via my son (young), depression (not diagnosed PPD, just "anxiety")

Went to an allergist through all this, came up allergic to soooo much, and he said "you seem to be allergic to something called gluten", "what's that?", "oh, it's just this sticky part in a wheat product, nothing to be concerned about" (and he completely brushed it off, so it didn't sound so important to me)..."oh, and you're also completely allergic to milk. and eggs", "so what are the hives from?", "it would appear that you're allergic to cats, it's definitely from that", "FOR THREE YEARS??", "yes"....I got up to leave, and he says this as I'm half way out the door, "Oh! You should also know that your Vit D levels are almost non-existent! Bye!"

All this info goes back to my INSANELY POPULAR NYC Doctor, who people wait for months to see, who is written about extensively in New York Mag.....and he does't come up with a THING. Nothing.

Yes, it's incredibly frustrating that a mere few months later, and a naturopathic CELIAC doc does the right blood test and what do you know...raging Celiac and thyroid issues.

#5 Razzle Dazzle Brazell

Razzle Dazzle Brazell

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 02:09 AM

Doctor told me that 9 mos of what seemed like food sickness was IBS, that I'd have it for life, and to go join a support group.

After birth of my son, I went from a size 10 to a size -2 in about 6 months...then in another 6 month back up to a size 12!

Another doctor told me that I just had chronic reflux, put me on higher and higher doses of meds, finally put me under to take a look and didn't see a thing related to celiac.

At that time, I had chronic urticaria all over my body for 3 yrs....constant sinus infections, caught every single cold etc that came my way via my son (young), depression (not diagnosed PPD, just "anxiety")

Went to an allergist through all this, came up allergic to soooo much, and he said "you seem to be allergic to something called gluten", "what's that?", "oh, it's just this sticky part in a wheat product, nothing to be concerned about" (and he completely brushed it off, so it didn't sound so important to me)..."oh, and you're also completely allergic to milk. and eggs", "so what are the hives from?", "it would appear that you're allergic to cats, it's definitely from that", "FOR THREE YEARS??", "yes"....I got up to leave, and he says this as I'm half way out the door, "Oh! You should also know that your Vit D levels are almost non-existent! Bye!"

All this info goes back to my INSANELY POPULAR NYC Doctor, who people wait for months to see, who is written about extensively in New York Mag.....and he does't come up with a THING. Nothing.

Yes, it's incredibly frustrating that a mere few months later, and a naturopathic CELIAC doc does the right blood test and what do you know...raging Celiac and thyroid issues.

That is insane! It is ironic that medical doctor is the highest regarded profession and yet many of them dont pay any attention to what they are doing with people. It is like ordering soup and getting a bowl full of broth, a bowl of carrots, a bowl of uncooked chicken, a bowl of spices... It just makes no sense to me. We got each other though on this forum and we have to be our own advocates. I hope you and the OP get well.
Nightshades and carbs and sugars limitedly reintroduced, most salicylates now tolerated 9/'12

#6 Razzle Dazzle Brazell

Razzle Dazzle Brazell

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 02:15 AM

I also had enamel problems since forever. A local dentist spoke to our celiac support group recently. They are trying to educate dentists so that they will point their patients with certain celiac indicators such as enamel problems towards testing for celiac disease.

That is very good. I wish my dentist would have thought, "This is odd; this girl is only ten and has enamel deficiency."He just mentioned it to me after my complaining of my teeth staying stained even though i dont drink tea or coffee.

#7 catsmeow

catsmeow

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 05:34 AM

I have a severe wheat allergy.

I had one allergy doctor refuse to do food allergy testing on me, and told me that I have Vasomoto allergies (allergies without a cause), and I would be sick for the rest of my life, no medications would help, and he could do nothing for me, and there was nothing I could do about it. :blink:

Another doctor told me that my anaphylactic reactions were menopausal symptoms....LMAO. Wheat induced menopause....OMGosh!!! I'm not even in menopause. Someone quick, write a case study about me, I'm a medical anomaly!!! :P

Finally, another doctor tested me for food allergies and said, you have a severe wheat allergy and must be gluten free for life and carry an epi-pen. :)

Thank you for this thread, I needed some humor today....
You've cat to be kitten me right meow

Wheat Allergy-April 2010
Gluten Intolerant-April 2010
Dairy/casien intolerant-Aug 2012
Lactose intolerant- Aug 2012
Soy Intolerant-November 2012
October 2012- I learned that I am 1/2 Irish with a strong family history of Gluten Intolerance/Celiacs. I will never know If I am Celiac because I will never eat gluten again in order to test postive, it's poison and I do not ever want to feel the way I felt before implementing the gluten free diet EVER again!!!

#8 1desperateladysaved

1desperateladysaved

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,137 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 09:49 AM

Your welcome, It is best to take things with some humor. It is better than crying about it. :lol:

#9 catsmeow

catsmeow

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 11:31 AM

Your welcome, It is best to take things with some humor. It is better than crying about it. :lol:

You are right, I like humor better. I've cried plenty!!! :D
You've cat to be kitten me right meow

Wheat Allergy-April 2010
Gluten Intolerant-April 2010
Dairy/casien intolerant-Aug 2012
Lactose intolerant- Aug 2012
Soy Intolerant-November 2012
October 2012- I learned that I am 1/2 Irish with a strong family history of Gluten Intolerance/Celiacs. I will never know If I am Celiac because I will never eat gluten again in order to test postive, it's poison and I do not ever want to feel the way I felt before implementing the gluten free diet EVER again!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: