82 replies to this topic

#31 VydorScope

VydorScope

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,364 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 04:49 PM

Vydor, after numerous unsuccessful attempts at responding to your post, all I can say is WALK AWAY FROM OLIVE GARDEN. Wait - I mean RUN. That is NOT tiramisu, nor even a reasonable facscimile. After having it many times in Italy and making my own, that stuff OG serves should not even be on a menu. Hang out with us - we'll take care of you. :D

Oh, now that I am diabetic and my son needs be gluten free we really umm well have no reason to go back there. Only time I have been there in the last say 5 years was for 2 work related lunch meetings. Got sick both times. Yay!

Okay, so I can head over to Walmart and find some in the freezer section right?

- Vincent -

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#32 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 04:56 PM

:lol: :lol: um, NO.

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

#33 Adalaide

Adalaide

It needs to be about 20% cooler.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 04:58 PM

Adalaide, please, dear gawd, if you say no to this woman, I think I will weep for us all right this minute.

No? To her cooking in my kitchen? Tiramisu? If I said no to that you could lock me in the loony bin because I'd have to be completely off my rocker!

"You don't look sick or anything"

"Well you don't look stupid, looks can be deceiving."

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#34 love2travel

love2travel

Čeznem da se u Hrvatskoj!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 04:59 PM

Oh, now that I am diabetic and my son needs be gluten free we really umm well have no reason to go back there. Only time I have been there in the last say 5 years was for 2 work related lunch meetings. Got sick both times. Yay!

Do you like to bake? If so, you know what to do! If not, does your wife?
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#35 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 05:00 PM

No? To her cooking in my kitchen? Tiramisu? If I said no to that you could lock me in the loony bin because I'd have to be completely off my rocker!

You guys are too cute. I was kind of hoping I might cook you dinner and perhaps even bake the tiramisu, including the lady's fingers, which are easy (albeit a touch finnicky) to make. All you'll have to do is buy all the ingredients, do the dishes and clean up and entertain me. :lol:
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#36 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 05:03 PM

I can dance.

but I can make the tiramisu if you make the meal. Richard can help and learn.

Deal?

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.

#37 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 05:07 PM

So much for wanting to lose weight! Posted Image Well, there's always next year! Posted Image

yeah, we did have a pact to lose 10 lbs, didn't we?....uh-oh.. :unsure:

"LTES"  Gem 2014

#38 sa1937

sa1937

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 05:09 PM

YES! It sucks, doesn't it!!! Posted Image
Sylvia
Positive Celiac Blood Panel - Dec., 2009
Endoscopy with Positive Biopsy - April 9, 2010
Gluten Free - April 9, 2010

#39 VydorScope

VydorScope

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,364 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 05:10 PM

I could help by swapping the the tiramisu you make with the one from olive garden....

- Vincent -

#40 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 05:18 PM

I could help by swapping the the tiramisu you make with the one from olive garden....

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

yup, that's a barf -inducer for me... and not just because of the gluten.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

#41 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 05:51 PM

I can dance.

Deal?

I was just about to suggest that you make the tiramisu since this is YOUR thread after all! Well, our thread, but you know what I mean... :lol:

Richard? Do you hear that? We expect your mind to absorb like a sponge. Get it? Ladyfingers? Bourbon? Ah, never mind. I'm in a very strange mood today.

#42 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 05:54 PM

I can dance.

Deal?

I can't dance at all, nor can I sing, so if you sing and dance whilst making tiramisu I'll be impressed.

#43 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,312 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 06:36 PM

We have to cross some mountains, so let me get the brakes on the van re- done. C m

I can't sing or dance but maybe I could train A's dog? Kids?

santa-dance.gif

Once again, we come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice. - Dave Barry

“The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.”  - George Carlin

“One can never have enough socks," said Dumbledore. "Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn't get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books.”  - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone

#44 RL2011

RL2011

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 07:38 PM

I missed both the help and the humor from all of you. Thanks!
Richard

#45 kareng

kareng

HO! HO! HO!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,312 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 07:44 PM

I missed both the help and the humor from all of you. Thanks!

Well.....Of course you did! :D

santa-dance.gif

Once again, we come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice. - Dave Barry

“The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live.”  - George Carlin

“One can never have enough socks," said Dumbledore. "Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn't get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books.”  - J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and The Sorcerer's Stone

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: