This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Other Food Allergies Or Something Else

Clarise49

Clarise49 Rookie

Hi everyone. I have been gluten free for a little over two years and casein free for about let's say a year and half. I still get sick all the time and I'm careful of what I eat and am specific when I go places about how my food should be. I still get diarrhea all the time and so I am wondering if I could have some other food allergy or if it's something else. If anyone has any ideas I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

LauraZ Rookie

Hi Clarise,

My daughters and I had been struggling with a wide range of symptoms and it wasn't until recently that we related them all to food. The most helpful test to us was the ELISA blood panel, which will test your blood for reactions to about 100 different foods. In addition to picking up gluten and dairy problems, it also picked up eggs, peanuts, sesame and sugar.

Here is some more information about it. Most naturopaths are aware of this test:

Open Original Shared Link

Good luck. I know how frustrating it can be...

Laura

Clarise49 Rookie

Thanks for the information. I hope it will some of it.

tarnalberry Community Regular

You say "when you go somewhere"; does that mean you eat out fairly often? Even if you are very specific, you may be getting cross-contamination. Do your symptoms coincide with eating out, or do you eat out (or anywhere where you have not prepared your own foods) too frequently to tell?

Clarise49 Rookie
You say "when you go somewhere"; does that mean you eat out fairly often?  Even if you are very specific, you may be getting cross-contamination.  Do your symptoms coincide with eating out, or do you eat out (or anywhere where you have not prepared your own foods) too frequently to tell?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No not very often, but just when I have anything even if I fix it myself I still get sick. No I hardly ever eat out. But I've just started college two weeks ago and every day I have been sick to my stomach. It is no fun. I don't know. Maybe I'll just need to talk someone at school about preparing the food.

bluelotus Contributor
Hi everyone. I have been gluten free for a little over two years and casein free for about let's say a year and half. I still get sick all the time and I'm careful of what I eat and am specific when I go places about how my food should be. I still get diarrhea all the time and so I am wondering if I could have some other food allergy or if it's something else. If anyone has any ideas I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Have you ever tried eliminating corn? Sorry for those of you that have read my recent posts - a bit redundant. I eliminated it this week and it seems to have helped me (that is, until this afternoon when I made a mistake and accidently ate some). Most of my gluten-free cereals and snacks had corn in them, and, of course, corn syrup and starch are so ubiquitous. Its very hard to avoid. And yet, with the frequent exposure, I am not suprised that so many develop allergies to it. With corn, I was having the typical bathroom/stomach issues and fatigue. The stomach issues seemed to clear, though not the fatigue - who knows though, this symptom may take longer to dissipate. Also, check out some other postings that address potato and Nightshad allergies. These two (corn and potato) seem to be very common problems (aside from the dairy and eggs, that is). Good luck!

Carriefaith Enthusiast
But I've just started college two weeks ago and every day I have been sick to my stomach.
Do you have roommates? or share a kitchen with others?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Archived