• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 04:58 PM

Tonight's dessert,

Mango Sorbet

1 1/2 cups water
1/3 to 1/2 cups sugar
A couple cups fresh or frozen Mango

Dissolve sugar in water and put in freezer until really cold.

Blend or process mango to a puree and add to cold sugar water.
Process in Ice Cream machine or food processor. Freeze a bit if needed.
Eat.

Wheat Allergy

Chemical (scent) Allergy

Ah, but I was so much older then, Im younger than that now.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 kareng

kareng

Gobble! Gobble!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,240 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 05:03 PM

Thanks for starting this thread! Ben and Jerry's made a mango lime sorbet. I think I will try this with some lime juice!

Thanksgiving dinners take 18 hours to prepare.  They are consumed in 12 minutes.  Half-times take 12 minutes.  This is not a coincidence.  - Emma Bombeck

dancing-turkey.gif

#3 Adalaide

Adalaide

It needs to be about 20% cooler.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 06:39 PM

I've been particularly lazy lately. Dessert tonight was a rare out of season cantaloupe and cottage cheese. (Which is also what I had for lunch.)

"You don't look sick or anything"

"Well you don't look stupid, looks can be deceiving."

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#4 Marilyn R

Marilyn R

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,486 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 06:43 PM

Grilled mango (used the George Foreman) and a little dark rum sauce (brown sugar, dark rum and lime juice reduced) over vanilla ice cream. :P

Thanks for the thread. It's like the hokey pokey. Isn't desert what it's all about? xxx
Positive improvement from elimination diet. Mother dx'd by Mayo Clinic in late 1980s. Negative blood tests and Upper & Lower GI biopsy. Parathyroidectomy 12/09. Recurring high calcium level 4/10. Gluten-free 4/10. Soy & Dairy Free 6/10. Corn free 7/10. Grain free except rice 8/10. Legume free 6/11. Fighting the battle of the battle within myself, and I'm going to win!

As of 2/12, tolerating dairy, corn, legumes and some soy, but I limit soy to tamari sauce or modest soy additives. Won't ever try quinoa again!

Discoid Lupus from skin biopsy 2011, discovered 2/12 when picking up medical records. Systemic Lupus Dx 6/12. Shingles 10/12.

#5 mbrookes

mbrookes

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 660 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 06:53 PM

My desserts have been somewhat curtailed, since I'm on Weight Watchers. However I have found that Jello brand sugar free/fat free puddings made with skim milk are great with fresh fruit. Stir some blueberries into the vanilla, peaches with butterscotch and strawberries with chocolate. So far I've lost 16 pounda and have 20 more to go!

#6 sora

sora

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 04:15 AM

Thanks for starting this thread! Ben and Jerry's made a mango lime sorbet. I think I will try this with some lime juice!

You're welcome.
The lime sounds good, mine was a bit bland, the mango's didn't have good flavor.

Wheat Allergy

Chemical (scent) Allergy

#7 kristenloeh

kristenloeh

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 05:14 AM

I made a New York Cheesecake with a Pecan crust :D

Diagnosed Celiac 04.2012
Gluten-Free 04.2012

Diagnosed Pituitary Prolactinoma 12.2012

Low Cortisol/Possible Addison's Disease 02.2013

Maybe one day I will feel "normal" again. <3

#8 Marilyn R

Marilyn R

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,486 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 07:48 PM

Will you share the recipe? I'm allergic to pecans, but walnuts might work, right? Or Macadamian nuts?
Positive improvement from elimination diet. Mother dx'd by Mayo Clinic in late 1980s. Negative blood tests and Upper & Lower GI biopsy. Parathyroidectomy 12/09. Recurring high calcium level 4/10. Gluten-free 4/10. Soy & Dairy Free 6/10. Corn free 7/10. Grain free except rice 8/10. Legume free 6/11. Fighting the battle of the battle within myself, and I'm going to win!

As of 2/12, tolerating dairy, corn, legumes and some soy, but I limit soy to tamari sauce or modest soy additives. Won't ever try quinoa again!

Discoid Lupus from skin biopsy 2011, discovered 2/12 when picking up medical records. Systemic Lupus Dx 6/12. Shingles 10/12.

#9 Marilyn R

Marilyn R

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,486 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 04:44 PM

My neighbor gave me a huge bag of mangos last night. I call her almost every Sunday and ask if she's in the mood for weird soup for her lunch, and she always agrees. (She said the beet soup had a great flavor but the color kind of freaked her out.) (It kind of freaked me out too!)

I think she paid it forwards and backwards, I've been delivering her soup for two years and only occasionally will eat what she's cooked, even though she understands cc and ingredients and cooking utensils.

I'm having a mango fest this weekend!

Hopefully not too off topic, but I love potato vodka, big ice cubes (the kind you make in a tray, not from an ice maker or a bag of ice, a couple of mango slices and some diet tonic. Schwepps diet is the best in mho. That was my dessert tonight.

#10 sora

sora

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 04:59 PM

My neighbor gave me a huge bag of mangos last night. I call her almost every Sunday and ask if she's in the mood for weird soup for her lunch, and she always agrees. (She said the beet soup had a great flavor but the color kind of freaked her out.) (It kind of freaked me out too!)

I think she paid it forwards and backwards, I've been delivering her soup for two years and only occasionally will eat what she's cooked, even though she understands cc and ingredients and cooking utensils.

I'm having a mango fest this weekend!

Hopefully not too off topic, but I love potato vodka, big ice cubes (the kind you make in a tray, not from an ice maker or a bag of ice, a couple of mango slices and some diet tonic. Schwepps diet is the best in mho. That was my dessert tonight.

I love potato vodka too. I am jealous, have another for me, that will be my dessert.
Actually I had a popsicle.

Wheat Allergy

Chemical (scent) Allergy

#11 love2travel

love2travel

Čeznem da se u Hrvatskoj!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 05:14 PM

Not tonight but tomorrow I am making Torta Pisticcina, a decadent chestnut tart with roasted almonds.
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#12 sa1937

sa1937

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 04:24 AM

Has anyone tried ChocoVine? My daughter-in-law loves it but I had no idea it was gluten-free until I read the review. I bet the ChocoVine Raspberry would be good served over ice cream...maybe topped with some raspberries, too.
Sylvia
Positive Celiac Blood Panel - Dec., 2009
Endoscopy with Positive Biopsy - April 9, 2010
Gluten Free - April 9, 2010

#13 Adalaide

Adalaide

It needs to be about 20% cooler.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 08:13 AM

I made my husband some white chocolate macadamia popsicles. They're gluten free but I don't do white chocolate. He says they're pretty good though and he's been finishing dinner with one every night. We were out last night and I had creme brulee, I probably need to lay off dessert for a month now. :lol:

"You don't look sick or anything"

"Well you don't look stupid, looks can be deceiving."

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#14 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 09:46 AM

Today I am making Blueberry Granita with Lime. No fat in sight!
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#15 love2travel

love2travel

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 02:28 PM

I made my husband some white chocolate macadamia popsicles. They're gluten free but I don't do white chocolate. He says they're pretty good though and he's been finishing dinner with one every night. We were out last night and I had creme brulee, I probably need to lay off dessert for a month now. :lol:

Aren't adult popsicles fun? I am really into them, too. My favourites include raspberry cream, blood orange creamsicle, coconut pineapple, herb-infused lemon, pomegranate yogurt and the best of all time chocolate banana with bacon. I am not a chocolate fan but the bacon puts it over the top for me. :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: