This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

What's For Dessert Tonight?

sora

JNBunnie1 Community Regular

Warm stewed apple with So Good Bliss ice cream. It's winter, but we live in the tropics.

Dance, I really, truly, sincerely adore your 'quote'.

(That thing that goes at the bottom of all you posts. Don't know what it is technically referred to as. Irish will!)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
IrishHeart Veteran

Dance, I really, truly, sincerely adore your 'quote'.

(That thing that goes at the bottom of all you posts. Don't know what it is technically referred to as. Irish will!)

Do you mean her signature line? yes, I love it too!! :lol:

but, you and karen and I have the same sardonic sense of humor.

Do you mean her signature line? yes, I love it too!! :lol:

but, you and karen and I have the same sardonic sense of humor.

See! You know everything!

Dessert last night was an early bedtime. I love when that happens....

IrishHeart Veteran

:D:) You're welcome.

(I love my drawstring pants.)

Hey, Sora....are our moo-moos here yet? We put that order in weeks ago. :unsure:

Tonight, we are having No dessert.

sigh, my Bikini is too tight. I tried it on yesterday and the top burst open and flew 50 feet across the yard, hit the cat who was sunning herself, which prompted her to run smack into the screen house at full speed, rip open a section of screening and then, I had to explain it to hubs when he got home from golf.

oops?

IrishHeart Veteran

See! You know everything!

Tell that to my hubs and family, willya?

hmm...Maybe I should make him some flan to make up for my transgression.

IrishHeart Veteran

Easy, yummy Flan

Ingredients:

1 cup and 1/2 cup sugar

6 large eggs

1 14oz can sweetened condensed milk

2 13 oz cans evaporated milk

1 teaspoon vanilla

Preparation:

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. You will need 6 ramekins or other specialty flan cook ware and a large baking pan to put them in.

Pour 1 cup sugar in warm pan over medium heat. Constantly stir sugar until is browns and becomes caramel. Quickly pour approximately 2-3 tablespoons of caramel in each ramekin, tilting it to swirl the caramel around the sides. Move fast! It hardens quickly. Reheat caramel if it starts to harden.

In a mixer or with a whisk, blend the eggs together. Mix in the milks then slowly mix in the 1/2 cup of sugar, then the vanilla. Blend smooth after each ingredient is added.

Pour custard into caramel-lined ramekins. Place ramekins in a large glass or ceramic baking dish and fill with about 1-2 inches of hot water. Bake for 45 minutes in the water bath and check with a knife just to the side of the center. If knife comes out clean, it's ready.

Remove and let cool. Let each ramekin cool in refrigerator for 1 hour. Invert each ramekin onto a small plate. I loosen it by running a sharp paring knife around the edges before inverting it and the caramel sauce will flow over the custard.

Pretty... and tasty.

I swear to St. Brigid, my pants got tight just typing this damn thing out....

sora Community Regular

Hey, Sora....are our moo-moos here yet? We put that order in weeks ago. :unsure:

Tonight, we are having No dessert.

sigh, my Bikini is too tight. I tried it on yesterday and the top burst open and flew 50 feet across the yard, hit the cat who was sunning herself, which prompted her to run smack into the screen house at full speed, rip open a section of screening and then, I had to explain it to hubs when he got home from golf.

oops?

Lol.

Postal Strike?

Brain Fog?

I better check that I actually ordered them... :huh:

Thinking of peanut butter cookies for dessert but don't really feel like making them, maybe later.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

love2travel Mentor

Had four leftover eggwhites so chocolate coconut meringues it is.

IrishHeart Veteran

Had four leftover eggwhites so chocolate coconut meringues it is.

I just drooled on my laptop :blink:

cougie23 Explorer
:P Pineapple...fresh , sweet....pecfect...pineapple!Call me a purist...but this perticular pineapple was perfection on its :P own!couldn't have improved it even if I wanted to...would have been over kill! LOL! :rolleyes::lol:
alex11602 Collaborator

Happy Birthday, Hon!!! Hope it was fun!!

Tonight we are having fresh strawberries from a nearby farm with freshly whipped cream I spike with vanilla.

and P.S. to SORA--I am glad you started the thread after we talked about it on the other thread!

Just what my tight pants need--more ideas. :lol:

Thank you IrishHeart, it was a good day except for my 2 year old getting her first cast :( But other then that it was great, wish I would have thought to make whipped cream for that apple pie.

Anyway tonight is not really a sweet dessert, the kids and I are watching Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs after reading the book and are having buttery salt and cracked pepper popcorn with it.

sora Community Regular

I am going to saute an apple and put some of that leftover French Vanilla ice cream on it.

sora Community Regular

I am going to saute an apple and put some of that leftover French Vanilla ice cream on it.

Never got to this last night so I made it tonight.

Sauteed apple slices in butter and maple syrup and a tiny pinch of cinnamon. Put the ice cream on top. Delicious.

kareng Grand Master

Irish is making lemon bars for all of us in the backseat of her car. :P

IrishHeart Veteran

Irish is making lemon bars for all of us in the backseat of her car. :P

oooh, a cross-over, double axel, on-topic nicely-parlayed thread move there, K.

and she sticks it!! whoohoo!

a perfect 10!!! (applause, applause)

dammit, where is that hand-clapping emoticon??

JESS? JESS???

oooh, a cross-over, double axel, on-topic nicely-parlayed thread move there, K.

and she sticks it!! whoohoo!

a perfect 10!!! (applause, applause)

dammit, where is that hand-clapping emoticon??

JESS? JESS???

You're yelling in the wrong section.

IrishHeart Veteran

You're yelling in the wrong section.

drat....powdered sugar up my nose has made me discomboobulated.

OOH, I had:

So Delicious Coconut Milk turtle trails ice cream for dessert.

YUMsters

IrishHeart Veteran

Never got to this last night so I made it tonight.

Sauteed apple slices in butter and maple syrup and a tiny pinch of cinnamon. Put the ice cream on top. Delicious.

Always impressive when one quotes oneself AND makes something delicious in the process.

Sounds scrumptious. I love cinnamon.

sora Community Regular

Always impressive when one quotes oneself AND makes something delicious in the process.

Sounds scrumptious. I love cinnamon.

And I just might do it again today, make the dessert that is :)

Adalaide Mentor

Last night I cut up a mango and intended to have half of it for dessert and half today. Before I realized what I was doing I had pretty much inhaled the whole thing. :ph34r:

sora Community Regular

Been playing in the kitchen today. Brownie in a mug to be exact. It came out pretty good so I am going to try one with Carob for myself.

If only there was a Tiramisu in a cup recipe.

sora Community Regular

Daughter's birthday yesterday and I was going to make Tiramisu but she said no so we bought a Strawberry Mousse cake. We got it half price when she told the guy at the counter it was her birthday. :)

It was 'Wheatified' so I ate some Glutino pretzels for the first time. My god they are good!

IrishHeart Veteran

I ate some Glutino pretzels for the first time. My god they are good!

I know EatMeat4good has melted chocolate chips and dipped those pretzels right in there and she says it is awesome. :)

sora Community Regular

I know EatMeat4good has melted chocolate chips and dipped those pretzels right in there and she says it is awesome. :)

Sounds good. I will melt carob chips and try it. (chocolate=migraines :ph34r: )

sora Community Regular

I had Pluots and peanut butter carob dipped Glutino pretzels. Ymmmmm

Archived