110 replies to this topic

#76 bbuster

bbuster

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 06:07 AM

OK - all you dieters please cover your eyes, but I always wanted to try making a gluten-free French Silk Pie and I did it over the weekend. Turned out great (it's long gone by now) and was much easier than I thought!
Bev

Mom of Garrett - Mizzou freshman; diagnosed Jan 2005

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#77 sa1937

sa1937

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 06:11 AM

Yay!!!!! Thank you so much for posting, my family will love it! I can't wait lol I just love this thread!

You're welcome, caselynn! I'll be looking forward to hearing how yours turns out. I love this thread, too...however, my hips do not!!! Posted Image

Please note that I added an edit to the recipe I posted after contacting Annalise last evening about the sinking blueberries.

And if you make this, make sure you use the right size pan so you don't end up with a 1" high cake. I did use a Kugelhoph pan.
Sylvia
Positive Celiac Blood Panel - Dec., 2009
Endoscopy with Positive Biopsy - April 9, 2010
Gluten Free - April 9, 2010

#78 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,794 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 06:27 AM

Please note that I added an edit to the recipe I posted after contacting Annalise last evening about the sinking blueberries.

And if you make this, make sure you use the right size pan so you don't end up with a 1" high cake. I did use a Kugelhoph pan.

You KNOW Annalise Roberts? And you didn't tell me?? and you're on a first name basis? Cool!

hey, tell her my lemon bars were a hit--but that you have to dust them with confectionery sugar in the back seat of your car.

Gotta love a woman who even HAS a Kugelhoph pan!!!!!!!
I betcha LOVE2TRAVEL has one, too.
"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; finally DXed on 11/01/10. I figured it out myself. Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. Posted Image

#79 sa1937

sa1937

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 06:36 AM

You KNOW Annalise Roberts? And you didn't tell me?? and you're on a first name basis? Cool!

hey, tell her my lemon bars were a hit--but that you have to dust them with confectionery sugar in the back seat of your car.

Gotta love a woman who even HAS a Kugelhoph pan!!!!!!!
I betcha LOVE2TRAVEL has one, too.

Nope, I don't know Annalise but most cookbook authors can be reached and she responded quickly to my question. Sorry to disappoint you. Posted Image

I only have a Kugelhoph pan because I took a cake decorating class when I was pregnant with my daughter and made doll cakes for her when she was little. I bet L2T has far more fancy schmancy pans than I do!!!
Sylvia

#80 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,794 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 06:41 AM

Nope, I don't know Annalise but most cookbook authors can be reached and she responded quickly to my question. Sorry to disappoint you. Posted Image

I only have a Kugelhoph pan because I took a cake decorating class when I was pregnant with my daughter and made doll cakes for her when she was little. I bet L2T has far more fancy schmancy pans than I do!!!

Lucky!! My Mom never made doll cakes.... :( waaaa.
when I come to visit, will you make me one?

For dessert we are having:

fresh blueberries

and the new ice cream maker is still in the box (we wore the old one out years ago)

We are on diets. :)
"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; finally DXed on 11/01/10. I figured it out myself. Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. Posted Image

#81 Adalaide

Adalaide

It needs to be about 20% cooler.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,981 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 06:44 AM

That won't be necessary after the muu muus get here!

"You don't look sick or anything"

"Well you don't look stupid, looks can be deceiving."

Celiac DX Dec 2012

CRPS DX March 2014

#82 sa1937

sa1937

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 06:46 AM

Lucky!! My Mom never made doll cakes.... :( waaaa.
when I come to visit, will you make me one?

For dessert we are having:

fresh blueberries

and the new ice cream maker is still in the box (we wore the old one out years ago)

Of course I'll make one for you...never mind that I haven't made one for 40 years! Hahaha
Oh wait...I can't do that as I threw out the doll years ago...it was getting kind of ratty.

Fresh fruit is still my favorite dessert...although I still have a couple of pieces of Lemon-Blueberry Pound Cake left that will be eaten until the last crumb is gone. Posted Image

P.S. What kind of a diet are you on? The seafood diet...you see food and you eat it? Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Edited by sa1937, 10 July 2012 - 06:47 AM.

Sylvia

#83 sa1937

sa1937

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 06:48 AM

That won't be necessary after the muu muus get here!

They're sure taking a long while to get here!!! Posted Image
Sylvia

#84 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,794 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 07:07 AM

P.S. What kind of a diet are you on? The seafood diet...you see food and you eat it? Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

(groan) Oh NO, you didn't say that....arrgh!! that's my Mom's joke. And it's not funny when she says it either. :huh: :P

She also used to tease us with this nugget when we were kids:

We'd ask "what's for dessert?" and she'd say "DESERT the table!".

(groan) Geesh, my Mom was kinda mean, now that I think about it.
I'm gonna call her right now and tell her!

(ahem, obviously, I got my sense of humor from my Dad.)

I. Win. Posted Image

#85 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,794 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 07:08 AM

They're sure taking a long while to get here!!! Posted Image

She claims it's the Canadian postal service... :lol:

I. Win. Posted Image

#86 JNBunnie1

JNBunnie1

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,315 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 01:05 PM

For dessert, I made pan toasted pine nuts in butter, then add spoonful of honey and chopped apple and cook til tender. Was good!
If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill

#87 alex11602

alex11602

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 07:39 AM

We are celebrating my dad's birthday tonight so I am making crustless banana cream pie, lucious lemon cake from the Namaste website and maybe flourless peanut butter cookies. I haven't baked in a while and I need to make up for that :)

#88 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,794 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 02:56 PM

Ok, I made vanilla bean ice cream (custardy rich ) and it is ridiculously delicious and easy and I am NOT eating it--hubs is.

:(

yum yum yum

I. Win. Posted Image

#89 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,794 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 02:57 PM

We are celebrating my dad's birthday tonight so I am making crustless banana cream pie, lucious lemon cake from the Namaste website and maybe flourless peanut butter cookies. I haven't baked in a while and I need to make up for that :)

sounds yummy, sweetie!

I. Win. Posted Image

#90 freeatlast

freeatlast

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 03:46 PM

Blueberry Coffeecake. No wait! That's what I had for brekkie <_<
Proofreader, copy editor, herb gardener and an evolving gluten-free cook.

Had a reaction to wheat, oats, rye, and barley in a lab test done by a homeopathic doctor in 1997. Have been mostly gluten-free since then. Also highly allergic to MSG.

Here's a quote I ran across when researching self-advocacy for children with special needs that I like: "Our subconscious picks up on each positive action we take on our own behalf, lifting the spirit and deepening our self-respect." Kat James

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: