This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Help Celiac.com:
    eNewsletter
    Donate

What's For Dessert Tonight?

sora

sora Community Regular

Tonight's dessert,

Mango Sorbet

1 1/2 cups water

1/3 to 1/2 cups sugar

A couple cups fresh or frozen Mango

Dissolve sugar in water and put in freezer until really cold.

Blend or process mango to a puree and add to cold sugar water.

Process in Ice Cream machine or food processor. Freeze a bit if needed.

Eat.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
kareng Grand Master

Thanks for starting this thread! Ben and Jerry's made a mango lime sorbet. I think I will try this with some lime juice!

Adalaide Mentor

I've been particularly lazy lately. Dessert tonight was a rare out of season cantaloupe and cottage cheese. (Which is also what I had for lunch.)

Marilyn R Community Regular

Grilled mango (used the George Foreman) and a little dark rum sauce (brown sugar, dark rum and lime juice reduced) over vanilla ice cream. :P

Thanks for the thread. It's like the hokey pokey. Isn't desert what it's all about? xxx

mbrookes Community Regular

My desserts have been somewhat curtailed, since I'm on Weight Watchers. However I have found that Jello brand sugar free/fat free puddings made with skim milk are great with fresh fruit. Stir some blueberries into the vanilla, peaches with butterscotch and strawberries with chocolate. So far I've lost 16 pounda and have 20 more to go!

sora Community Regular

Thanks for starting this thread! Ben and Jerry's made a mango lime sorbet. I think I will try this with some lime juice!

You're welcome.

The lime sounds good, mine was a bit bland, the mango's didn't have good flavor.

kristenloeh Community Regular

I made a New York Cheesecake with a Pecan crust :D

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Will you share the recipe? I'm allergic to pecans, but walnuts might work, right? Or Macadamian nuts?

My neighbor gave me a huge bag of mangos last night. I call her almost every Sunday and ask if she's in the mood for weird soup for her lunch, and she always agrees. (She said the beet soup had a great flavor but the color kind of freaked her out.) (It kind of freaked me out too!)

I think she paid it forwards and backwards, I've been delivering her soup for two years and only occasionally will eat what she's cooked, even though she understands cc and ingredients and cooking utensils.

I'm having a mango fest this weekend!

Hopefully not too off topic, but I love potato vodka, big ice cubes (the kind you make in a tray, not from an ice maker or a bag of ice, a couple of mango slices and some diet tonic. Schwepps diet is the best in mho. That was my dessert tonight.

sora Community Regular

My neighbor gave me a huge bag of mangos last night. I call her almost every Sunday and ask if she's in the mood for weird soup for her lunch, and she always agrees. (She said the beet soup had a great flavor but the color kind of freaked her out.) (It kind of freaked me out too!)

I think she paid it forwards and backwards, I've been delivering her soup for two years and only occasionally will eat what she's cooked, even though she understands cc and ingredients and cooking utensils.

I'm having a mango fest this weekend!

Hopefully not too off topic, but I love potato vodka, big ice cubes (the kind you make in a tray, not from an ice maker or a bag of ice, a couple of mango slices and some diet tonic. Schwepps diet is the best in mho. That was my dessert tonight.

I love potato vodka too. I am jealous, have another for me, that will be my dessert.

Actually I had a popsicle.

love2travel Mentor

Not tonight but tomorrow I am making Torta Pisticcina, a decadent chestnut tart with roasted almonds.

sa1937 Community Regular

Has anyone tried Open Original Shared Link? My daughter-in-law loves it but I had no idea it was gluten-free until I read the review. I bet the ChocoVine Raspberry would be good served over ice cream...maybe topped with some raspberries, too.

Adalaide Mentor

I made my husband some white chocolate macadamia popsicles. They're gluten free but I don't do white chocolate. He says they're pretty good though and he's been finishing dinner with one every night. We were out last night and I had creme brulee, I probably need to lay off dessert for a month now. :lol:

love2travel Mentor

Today I am making Blueberry Granita with Lime. No fat in sight!

love2travel Mentor

I made my husband some white chocolate macadamia popsicles. They're gluten free but I don't do white chocolate. He says they're pretty good though and he's been finishing dinner with one every night. We were out last night and I had creme brulee, I probably need to lay off dessert for a month now. :lol:

Aren't adult popsicles fun? I am really into them, too. My favourites include raspberry cream, blood orange creamsicle, coconut pineapple, herb-infused lemon, pomegranate yogurt and the best of all time chocolate banana with bacon. I am not a chocolate fan but the bacon puts it over the top for me. :D

genieb Newbie

I got a really good deal on ripe peaches so we have peach cobbler. Just used the recipe from my good ole Betty Crocker cookbook with a few substitutions. I had forgotten how good cobbler is.

sora Community Regular

Today will be strawberry granita, yesterday was Lime, love those icy bits. :P

love2travel Mentor

Grilled plumcots with spiced honey and Greek yogurt.

alex11602 Collaborator

Apple pie for my birthday :)

mrsmuffin Newbie

Last night I made a pineapple upside down cake using Betty Crocker Gluten Free yellow cake mix. It was delish!

IrishHeart Veteran

Apple pie for my birthday :)

Happy Birthday, Hon!!! Hope it was fun!!

Tonight we are having fresh strawberries from a nearby farm with freshly whipped cream I spike with vanilla.

and P.S. to SORA--I am glad you started the thread after we talked about it on the other thread!

Just what my tight pants need--more ideas. :lol:

dcns65 Apprentice

My daughter will be having oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. She's away for 5 weeks and had to hunt down the package at the dorm. She was determined to find them when she knew they were delivered! :P

jerseyangel Proficient

chocolate banana with bacon.

Now that sounds good!

Tonight I'm going with what's in the fridge--Kozy Shack European Style Rice Pudding and whipped cream.

sora Community Regular

Happy Birthday, Hon!!! Hope it was fun!!

Tonight we are having fresh strawberries from a nearby farm with freshly whipped cream I spike with vanilla.

and P.S. to SORA--I am glad you started the thread after we talked about it on the other thread!

Just what my tight pants need--more ideas. :lol:

:D:) You're welcome.

(I love my drawstring pants.) I need to go shopping and get some fresh fruits.

Last night I had an ice cream float made with french vanilla and orange pop. Taste just like a cream-sickle, tonight I am having a beer for dessert.

come dance with me Enthusiast

Warm stewed apple with So Good Bliss ice cream. It's winter, but we live in the tropics.

Archived