3 replies to this topic

#1 schneiderk

schneiderk

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 10:38 PM

Hi Iíll be travelling to the west coast USA in a couple of days for 2.5 weeks Ė San Francisco, Los Angeles, Las Vegas, Grand Canyon and Yosemite. Iím after recommendations for good and reliable gluten-free places to eat out as well as grocery stores that stock reliable gluten free products. Iím sensitive to gluten so they need to be strictly gluten free. Many thanks.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 BabsV

BabsV

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 07:13 AM

Search the forum via the Google search box in the upper right-hand corner. I know there have been threads about travel in CA and Las Vegas.

You shouldn't have a problem in CA -- one of my oldest friends is in San Francisco and she told me that gluten-free is EVERYWHERE. Even her corner sandwich shop now has a gluten-free bread option. That being said, I'm not sure all the places who offer gluten-free options understand cross contamination issues so you'll still need to quiz them on that issue.

#3 Christine0125

Christine0125

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 02:09 AM

Hi Iíll be travelling to the west coast USA in a couple of days for 2.5 weeks Ė San Francisco, Los Angeles, Las Vegas, Grand Canyon and Yosemite. Iím after recommendations for good and reliable gluten-free places to eat out as well as grocery stores that stock reliable gluten free products. Iím sensitive to gluten so they need to be strictly gluten free. Many thanks.

We'll be in San Francisco next week and we'll likely eat at Scoma's in the Fisherman's Wharf area. Their online menu shows lots of gluten-free choices and I've been there many times - it's fantastic!

#4 Mango04

Mango04

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,618 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 05:45 PM

You won't have to look very hard in SF or LA. I don't know if this is the type of food you prefer but in SF I like The Plant Cafe Organic, Samovar, Rainbow Grocery, Whole Foods, Bi-Rite (the latter three for picking up groceries/grabbing salads etc), the farmer's markets (they're everywhere). I just learned that there's this place : gfgrocery.com. There's also PIca Pica and Om Shan Tea (both entirely gluten-free, I think). If you're flying and you land in terminal 2 at sfo you can get tons of gluten-free food right in the airport (and you can even do yoga while you're there lol). Really, you can't run out of options. Have a great trip...
"Let food be thy medicine, and let thy medicine be food." - Hippocrates

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: