Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Gluten Free In Us West Coast - San Francisco, La Etc

4 posts in this topic

Ads by Google:

Search the forum via the Google search box in the upper right-hand corner. I know there have been threads about travel in CA and Las Vegas.

You shouldn't have a problem in CA -- one of my oldest friends is in San Francisco and she told me that gluten-free is EVERYWHERE. Even her corner sandwich shop now has a gluten-free bread option. That being said, I'm not sure all the places who offer gluten-free options understand cross contamination issues so you'll still need to quiz them on that issue.

You won't have to look very hard in SF or LA. I don't know if this is the type of food you prefer but in SF I like The Plant Cafe Organic, Samovar, Rainbow Grocery, Whole Foods, Bi-Rite (the latter three for picking up groceries/grabbing salads etc), the farmer's markets (they're everywhere). I just learned that there's this place : gfgrocery.com. There's also PIca Pica and Om Shan Tea (both entirely gluten-free, I think). If you're flying and you land in terminal 2 at sfo you can get tons of gluten-free food right in the airport (and you can even do yoga while you're there lol). Really, you can't run out of options. Have a great trip...