12 replies to this topic

#1 kristenloeh

kristenloeh

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 02:31 AM

Hey everyone, I'm new here and live in the Seattle area. Wondering if there is anyone here from Washington. Since I've been sick and diagnosed and going through all of this, most of my friends have pretty much dropped off the face of the earth and don't really care about what's going on with me since I don't feel well enough to go out and always party anymore. So I'm reaching out to people who I feel may understand what I'm going through a little better. :)

Diagnosed Celiac 04.2012
Gluten-Free 04.2012

Diagnosed Pituitary Prolactinoma 12.2012

Low Cortisol/Possible Addison's Disease 02.2013

Maybe one day I will feel "normal" again. <3

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 PNW Rick

PNW Rick

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 07:28 PM

Hi Kristen, I'm in the Seattle area. Been a bit over a week for me being gluten free. Luckily my family and friends have been very supportive. I've only been here a day but all I see here so far is support, advice, knowledge and lots of people going what we're going through. So glad I found this forum.
Celiac, EBV, CFS, Strep, Bronchitis and a fungus, all finally diagnosed on 5/22/2012.

#3 kareng

kareng

Dispeller of Shady

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,985 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 07:42 PM

Welcome people of Seattle! I'm from Kansas City so no where near you.

Rick - is that your dog?Looks a bit like the African Wild Dog at our zoo! Or a German Shep and a Great Dane?

"You have problems.  There are not enough paper clips, and then you've got world hunger.  Your problems are somewhere in between." -DPR,III

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

LTES

purring-kitty-smiley-emoticon.gif

#4 PNW Rick

PNW Rick

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 07:56 PM

Hi Karen, yeppers, that's one of my kids. Her and her brother are German Shepherd/Akita mutts. She's about 75 lbs and her brother is a bull in a china shop, about 125lbs. But she runs the show when I'm not around, talk about a bossy B! Both smart as whips and keep me on my toes. I'm a dog nut, wouldn't have it any other way! :D

Love your avatar and comment below it! Made me LOL.

Speaking of Dane's, is yours in the avatar pic a Dane? Always wanted a Great Dane, but I really don't think I can deal with the heartache of the short lifespan. I might bite the bullet though, I have heard they are fantastic pets and companions and worth the shorter lifespan.
Celiac, EBV, CFS, Strep, Bronchitis and a fungus, all finally diagnosed on 5/22/2012.

#5 kareng

kareng

Dispeller of Shady

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,985 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 08:07 PM

Hi Karen, yeppers, that's one of my kids. Her and her brother are German Shepherd/Akita mutts. She's about 75 lbs and her brother is a bull in a china shop, about 125lbs. But she runs the show when I'm not around, talk about a bossy B! Both smart as whips and keep me on my toes. I'm a dog nut, wouldn't have it any other way! :D

Love your avatar and comment below it! Made me LOL.

Speaking of Dane's, is yours in the avatar pic a Dane? Always wanted a Great Dane, but I really don't think I can deal with the heartache of the short lifespan. I might bite the bullet though, I have heard they are fantastic pets and companions and worth the shorter lifespan.

It's an odd pic of a lab. I sent that pic to my son at college and he said, " you can just smell the salmon breath"
I have known a few Danes ( the dogs) and they were nice but didn't seem too bright.

"You have problems.  There are not enough paper clips, and then you've got world hunger.  Your problems are somewhere in between." -DPR,III

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

LTES

purring-kitty-smiley-emoticon.gif

#6 beachbirdie

beachbirdie

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 652 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 11:00 PM

Hey everyone, I'm new here and live in the Seattle area. Wondering if there is anyone here from Washington. Since I've been sick and diagnosed and going through all of this, most of my friends have pretty much dropped off the face of the earth and don't really care about what's going on with me since I don't feel well enough to go out and always party anymore. So I'm reaching out to people who I feel may understand what I'm going through a little better. :)

Hi Kristen, I'm in the Seattle area. Been a bit over a week for me being gluten free. Luckily my family and friends have been very supportive. I've only been here a day but all I see here so far is support, advice, knowledge and lots of people going what we're going through. So glad I found this forum.

Hi, Seattle-ites!

I was in Spokane for a long time, now just south of you across the Oregon border. DH travels to Seattle area a lot. Beautiful up there.

Lots of wonderful people here, glad you found us!
1999 - Hypothyroid
2003 - Hashimoto's Disease
2008 - Diverticulitis
2009 - Significant Vit D Deficiency
2011 - Diverticulitis again
2011 - HLA-DQ2.2
2012 - TtG IgG positive... I am now, finally, Gluten Free - 5/16/2012

#7 ciamarie

ciamarie

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 05:00 PM

I'm on the other side of the state, in Spokane Valley. I recently discovered a Celiac / gluten intolerance group nearby on Meetup, but I haven't attended any of the monthly meetings yet, I have gotten a few emails. I hope to attend one sometime soon! If you're on meetup, you might want to do a search on there. And, welcome to the forum!
Gluten-free since the end of October 2011

#8 PNW Rick

PNW Rick

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 11:52 AM

Hey Seattleites! The mountains are out today! Very nice here in Seattle. Just in time for rain this weekend though.

One thing I do like so far about our lack of summer, I don't feel guilty crashed on the couch all weekend resting up for another week of work when it's raining and crappy out. As long as I get the dog poop cleaned up the fuzzybutts and I are happy.

#9 IndiaEileen

IndiaEileen

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 05:11 PM

I'm new to the Tacoma area, not really many friends made but would love to connect with some people to bounce stories, ideas, feelings etc with! I'm in my early 20's, been gluten free for about 2 months and getting a really good grip on food alternatives and my vegi's! I work at a grocery store so I research a lot, study, have been eating and studying natural for a couple years. Let's get a group together for coffee!
Gluten free since May 1st 2012
Never going back, spreading the word, handing out cookies one interested participant at a time.

#10 Juliebove

Juliebove

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,650 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 10:33 PM

Hey Seattleites! The mountains are out today! Very nice here in Seattle. Just in time for rain this weekend though.

One thing I do like so far about our lack of summer, I don't feel guilty crashed on the couch all weekend resting up for another week of work when it's raining and crappy out. As long as I get the dog poop cleaned up the fuzzybutts and I are happy.

Hey! I think it reached 72 here in Bothell! And we saw the sun.

#11 kristenloeh

kristenloeh

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 05:04 PM

I'm new to the Tacoma area, not really many friends made but would love to connect with some people to bounce stories, ideas, feelings etc with! I'm in my early 20's, been gluten free for about 2 months and getting a really good grip on food alternatives and my vegi's! I work at a grocery store so I research a lot, study, have been eating and studying natural for a couple years. Let's get a group together for coffee!

Hey, I'm around your age. I was diagnosed/gluten free in April. It would be great to have a gluten free friend around :) I'm in Renton.

Diagnosed Celiac 04.2012
Gluten-Free 04.2012

#12 kristenloeh

kristenloeh

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 03:03 AM

*bump bump* Just for anyone who happens to be newer and around the Seattle area. You are not alone!

Diagnosed Celiac 04.2012
Gluten-Free 04.2012

#13 Munzie

Munzie

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 06:38 AM

Hi there fellow Washingtonians :)

I'm Dani and I live in Roy right now, but soon moving to an even smaller town down by Centralia. I hav been dealing with lots of health probs for the past 18 years, was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia and later the docs told me I have IBS, due to my stomach problems. They got worse and worse over the years, until I finally had daily bouts with masive cramps which would last for hours. A friend suggested looking into Gluten sensitivity and I was shocked! As soon as I started cutting out wheat from my diet, I started feeling better. I have been Gluten free for several weeks now, other than when I accidentally had some steaksauce at a restaurant a while back. That one really made me check EVERYTHING in the food I eat! Now it seems to be good. Had no cramps for 3 weeks -yay-.

Wort part is going out to eat. I start off telling the waitress about my allergy. Can't believe there are so many unknowing people in the food business!!!! I get the weirdest responses. However yesterday we went to a little Thai restaurant in Eatonville and the owner cut me off in midsentence to tell me, she could prepare whatever I wanted GLUTEN FREE!!!!! I was so so happy!!!! The food was delicious and not expensive either. And I didn't have to hold my breath as usual, waiting to see if something I ate would affect me.

Ok, so there's a little about me......oh yeah, I'm 54......I work as a live in caregiver on weekends and don't get to come here that oftne, but check in whenever I get a chance. Hope to see more folks from the area here soon :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: