1 reply to this topic

#1 plushyk0w

plushyk0w

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 10:49 PM

Hi! I'm from WA, and I have been diagnosed with Celiac for 11 years now. I went 2 years on the glueten free diet then went off of it (assuming that i was okay) and my stomach pains had ceased but I still always feel fatigues, recently I started back up on the diet after being diagnosed with Chronic Pancreatitis and not being a heavy drinker I'm assuming it's due to my Celia Sprue.

So I was googling things that I can/can't have and came across this site and here I am! Hope that I can learn more things as I have never met anyone else that shares Celiac Sprue...

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 beachbirdie

beachbirdie

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 652 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 07:57 AM

Hi! I'm from WA, and I have been diagnosed with Celiac for 11 years now. I went 2 years on the glueten free diet then went off of it (assuming that i was okay) and my stomach pains had ceased but I still always feel fatigues, recently I started back up on the diet after being diagnosed with Chronic Pancreatitis and not being a heavy drinker I'm assuming it's due to my Celia Sprue.

So I was googling things that I can/can't have and came across this site and here I am! Hope that I can learn more things as I have never met anyone else that shares Celiac Sprue...

Welcome! Glad you found this place, you will find a lot of support and help here.

Sorry you got sick after getting off the diet. Sadly, celiac does not "go away", it's for life! And doctors are NOT very good at helping people deal with it.

Hope you will be feeling better before too long.
1999 - Hypothyroid
2003 - Hashimoto's Disease
2008 - Diverticulitis
2009 - Significant Vit D Deficiency
2011 - Diverticulitis again
2011 - HLA-DQ2.2
2012 - TtG IgG positive... I am now, finally, Gluten Free - 5/16/2012

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: