2 replies to this topic

#1 newceliac

newceliac

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 06:31 AM

I haven't posted in a while...but I hope someone can you me some information. For about 3 days, I have been having right upper quadrant pain. It runs along the rib cage starting about 2 inches about belly button and down to bottom of rib cage on right side. The pain hurts underneath the rib cage also and seems to travel around to the back. It feel like something pressing on my ribs and almost feels like a burning pain at times. Intermitently when having this pain, I feel like I have lower abdomen cramping. I also randomly feel like there is muscle twitching in this area at lower rib cage. I don't really have nausea. The pain is similar to the gallbladder pain I had years ago, however my gallbladder has been removed. I went on a weekend vacation this past weekend in New Orleans. Although, I thoroughly discussed my gluten intolerance and they assured the food was gluten free, I know I am at their mercy when dining out. Could this pain be from possibly ingesting gluten? Has anyone ever experienced this pain? It is really starting to get on my nerves because I don't know what is causing it.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Brenda Sue

Brenda Sue

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 07:48 AM

Hi, this how my daughter was diagnosed with celiac disease. She had bad upper right quadrant pain so maybe you were glutened. Hope you feel better soon :)

#3 CR5442

CR5442

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 11:52 PM

It could also be lack of CCK in the small intestine due to atrophy. This will prevent gallbladder contraction and opening of the sphincter of oddi. It is a functional problem I am having treated with acupuncture at the moment. It will fix when your gut is healed, till then it is a matter of trying to encourage this process without the CCK. I tried herbs but am sensitive to most of them - but they did work. Dandelion Root, Turmeric, Peppermint are all good for this. Try to lie back slightly leaning over to your left side after eating, preferably with a warm tea with a cholagogue/choleretic in it... any of the above. I used 2-3 drops of Peppermint EO for a while but it is high in salicylates, which I am also sensitive to. Let me know if you want more info. on this.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: