6 replies to this topic

#1 Cara in Boston

Cara in Boston

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 648 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 08:21 AM

I have two small rubber bracelets from www.STATkids.com that we no longer use. They are kind of small - they fit my son when he was 5 but seems like it would fit 3-6 year old. Plain red rubber (like the livestrong bracelets) with large white print "GLUTEN FREE". They came in handy when we were first diagnosed. My son was quite shy and if needed, he could just show his bracelet. I felt better with him wearing them at camp or with babysitter too . . .just to remind them, until everyone got the hang of it.

If there was someone out there who could use them, I'd be happy to send them to you (USA only please).

Just let me know and we can exchange addresses privately.

Cara

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 squirmingitch

squirmingitch

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,343 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 08:51 AM

What a wonderful & thoughtful thing to do Cara!

I have no need of the bracelets, I just wanted to tell you how thoughtful you are.Posted Image

Self diagnosed dh Sept. 2011~~~ confirmed dx July 18, 2012
Gluten free Dec. 2011
Soy free Dec. 2011
Hubs self diagnosed dh March 30, 2012
Hubs gluten free March 30, 2012

Summer 2013 We both have added back a little soy which is near unavoidable & we are doing okay with that small amount.

#3 Lfrost

Lfrost

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 10:57 AM

I have two small rubber bracelets from www.STATkids.com that we no longer use. They are kind of small - they fit my son when he was 5 but seems like it would fit 3-6 year old. Plain red rubber (like the livestrong bracelets) with large white print "GLUTEN FREE". They came in handy when we were first diagnosed. My son was quite shy and if needed, he could just show his bracelet. I felt better with him wearing them at camp or with babysitter too . . .just to remind them, until everyone got the hang of it.

If there was someone out there who could use them, I'd be happy to send them to you (USA only please).

Just let me know and we can exchange addresses privately.

Cara

That is a great idea! We are currently doing a 30 day gluten-free challenge with my 4 year old son. I have a feeling from the way he is responding that this will probably be a more permanent diet for him. Where did you get the bracelets, may I ask?

#4 Cara in Boston

Cara in Boston

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 648 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 11:59 AM

That is a great idea! We are currently doing a 30 day gluten-free challenge with my 4 year old son. I have a feeling from the way he is responding that this will probably be a more permanent diet for him. Where did you get the bracelets, may I ask?

I think I got them from Amazon but their website also has a store. I'd be happy to send them to you if you think you could use them. Just send me your mailing address: myboytom@yahoo.com

#5 Lfrost

Lfrost

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 04:31 PM

I think I got them from Amazon but their website also has a store. I'd be happy to send them to you if you think you could use them. Just send me your mailing address: myboytom@yahoo.com

Wow! Thank you so much! I will send you an email!

#6 CeliacMom2012

CeliacMom2012

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 03:34 PM

I so need to get a hold of something like these.

#7 ~**caselynn**~

~**caselynn**~

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 04:57 PM

This is a great idea! How awesome, And so good of you to pay it forward!
~**caselynn**~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: