Follow Us:  Twitter Facebook RSS Feed            

arrowShare this page:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Celiac.com Sponsor:                                    

Photo
- - - - -

What Kind Of 'doctor' And What Kind Of Test?

• Please log in to reply

3 replies to this topic

#1 lorah322

lorah322

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 05:57 AM

Forgive me if this has been talked about already. I am curious to know how people have determined their other food sensitivies or allergies? I took my son to an allergist about 2 years ago, and he refused to test for food allergies saying that we would know if he had a 'true' allergy. For myself, I spent about $600 (ouch)on the (Company Name Removed - They Spammed This Forum and are Banned) test which showed chicken and turkey as a severe intolerance. I don't know why, but I have a hard time trusting this test and these results. I have not found a physician (MD) that is open to the possibility of food being the cause of problems.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Jestgar

Jestgar

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,755 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 07:23 AM

The very best way is to do an elimination diet. Second best is to keep a food diary.
"But then, in all honesty, if scientists don't play god, who will?"
- James Watson

My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.
- Ashleigh Brilliant

Leap, and the net will appear.

#3 Juliebove

Juliebove

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,650 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 10:38 PM

Sorry, I just now saw this. Twice we saw a Naturopath for the IgG allergy test. But that was super expensive and we couldn't afford to have it done again. This last time it was a hair test. I saw it online. Some people do not feel it is accurate but it really did work for us.

#4 lhaisley

lhaisley

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 10:22 AM

I went to a naturopath who used Genova Diagnostics testing. It was about $200. My naturopath says he gets good results through them. (who knows!?)

Then I did the elimination of the particular food(s) i was intolerant to to confirm the results.
I think its important to do elimination as well and to use the testing as a 'guide' initially.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: