#16 aldociao

aldociao

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 12 January 2004 - 03:39 PM

I would reccommend 10 grams per day.

I'll try it, thanks. Do you take the 10 grams all at once, or space it out over the day? Best time(s) to take it? I've been taking one or two grams in a little water before bed. --Aldo

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 dclark519

dclark519

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 12 January 2004 - 09:33 PM

Hi! There are some websites maybe you can order from.: bobsredmill, glutenfreepantry, and glutenfreetradingpost are a few. My dietician told me some hidden products that are a problem for us are: medicines that contain wheat prod. and artificial food colors. One of my stomach pills had 8 ing. I'm not supposed to have! also hand soaps, body wash and lotions, dish soaps etc. most have wheat products and art. coloring in them. Jergens doesn't They soak into the skin and cause a reaction! Isn't that wild! well good luck!

#18 natalieb

natalieb

New Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 13 January 2004 - 05:24 PM

You cannot give up! I was diagnosed in late August and went off my diet around the holidays. My excuse to myself was that it just wasn't working so what the heck. I don't know how bad you have celiac but I have it severe where I have neurological impairment. If you have it badly, do not expect your gut to heal immediately. Because I went off the diet, I had to go to the docs and I became even more anemic. My point is to give it time please. Actually, today was the first day I could go to the gym as my energy level was shot. Here are some things that work for me. There are some great soups out there that are gluten-free, and "whole foods Supermarket" has a great new gluten-free yogurt and a w2hole line of gluten-free frozen entrees that a really good. Also, watch what you are ingesting. The reason that I got so sick also had to do with some medication that I was taking that had gluten in it. Unfortunately this disease heals with time. I will pray that you can do it. You can...you have to. If you go off you will so greatly regret how you feel. Are they sure you have celiac? Make sure of that. Take care. Natalie b

#19 Kathy

Kathy

New Community Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 January 2004 - 11:00 AM

:D Hello everyone.. I am new to this site, but not new to celiac problems.. I was diagnosed back in 1994 and have been struggling with the diet issue all along.. I have found enough substitues to have pretty much everything I want.. But having to cook for two makes it difficult when only one has to be on the celiac portion of the food scale.. Actually my sweet man was having alot of problems himself with serious nose bleeds etc.. he was working around the mayo clinic at the time, had a bad attack with the nose bleeding and went to mayo clinic.. they discoverd that he wasn't getting the proper food that he needed such as the pastas, wheat bread etc.. apparently his chemistry needs these things, while mine doesn't.. So slow but sure we are getting our program together... It isn't easy for any of us.. :blink: but in the long run it is the only thing to keep us healthy and happy .. So Stick with your program for a few more weeks, check in with you doctor and keep the faith..As far as the corn bread, I agree it is one of the best, but I use the mix from Gluten Free Mall.. it just makes life so much easier to be able to whip it up real quick .. I find it to difficult to store all the flours like I did at first.. I get the bread machines mixes also ... it just makes my life simplier.. Who wants to complicate it any more then necessary... Wow for the first posting I guess I have really rambled.. Just so happy to find this chat area.. have belong to the Gluten Free Mall for a few years .. didn't even know any of this existed.. Have a great day everyone.... ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: