6 replies to this topic

#1 alex11602

alex11602

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 03:00 AM

My 5 year old daughter plays sports and they have a pizza and cupcake party on Monday to celebrate the end of the season, I had been planning to attempt a Namaste crust again for the pizza since the taste wasn't too bad and make her a brownie cupcake from the Bob's Red Mill mix and it was tough enough with that because some of those kids already make fun of her. Anyway, we took her to the doc yesterday because she really hasn't been growing (they said she is the same weight and height as almost 2 years ago- 44 in and 44 lbs) and also took her because she has been having skin reactions to dairy that are only cleared up with a childrens claritin, they said the reactions she has been having are the first stage of anaphalaxis and to immediately remove all dairy.

Question here is what can I put on her pizza that will make it still like a pizza and hopefully not get her noticed for having different stuff then everyone else is eating?

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Mizzo

Mizzo

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 03:37 AM

FYI,
Amy's makes a single serve gluten free, dairy free pizza. If you can find this it may be worth trying. From what I've seen the cost of soy cheese or cheese substitutes (sheese) run about the same as this pizza.

#3 alex11602

alex11602

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 03:51 AM

FYI,
Amy's makes a single serve gluten free, dairy free pizza. If you can find this it may be worth trying. From what I've seen the cost of soy cheese or cheese substitutes (sheese) run about the same as this pizza.

Thank you. I really wish we would have gotten more notice so I had more time to figure this out for her.

#4 1desperateladysaved

1desperateladysaved

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,201 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 04:31 AM

Thank you. I really wish we would have gotten more notice so I had more time to figure this out for her.

I make homemade pizza using eggs instead of cheese. It looks sort of like cheese. Then I use sauce and pleanty of toppings. IF you use enough toppings maybe it would hide the "cheese".

#5 GFinDC

GFinDC

A little farting never hurt anybody... :-).

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,147 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 05:37 AM

Daiya cheese shreds should work. They are a dairy free/soy free cheese substitute.
Proverbs 25:16 "Hast thou found honey? eat so much as is sufficient for thee, lest thou be filled therewith, and vomit it."
Job 30:27 My bowels boiled, and rested not: the days of affliction prevented me.
Thyroid cyst and nodules, Lactose / casein intolerant. Diet positive, gene test pos, symptoms confirmed by Dr-head. My current bad list is: gluten, dairy, sulfites, coffee (the devil's brew), tea, Bug's Bunnies carrots, garbanzo beans of pain, soy- no joy, terrible turnips, tomatoes, peppers, potatoes, and hard work. have a good day! :-) Paul

#6 tarnalberry

tarnalberry

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,542 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 02:47 PM

Daiya cheese shreds should work. They are a dairy free/soy free cheese substitute.

Daiya works pretty well on a pizza. It's not quite the same, but it's something. You could also do a bbq chicken pizza, no cheese - bbq sauce, cooked chicken, red onions, bell peppers.
Tiffany aka "Have I Mentioned Chocolate Lately?"
Inconclusive Blood Tests, Positive Dietary Results, No Endoscopy
G.F. - September 2003; C.F. - July 2004
Hiker, Yoga Teacher, Engineer, Painter, Be-er of Me
Bellevue, WA

#7 alex11602

alex11602

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 03:12 PM

Thank you so much everyone, I really want to make things as easy as possible for her especially since these kids have already made fun of her for other stuff.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: