4 replies to this topic

#1 Tim-n-VA

Tim-n-VA

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 577 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 03:57 PM

I am going to be staying between Hartford and New Haven. Our agenda will take us to various museums, primarily art, and to visit family.

Suggestions for restaurants to consider almost anywhere in the state would be appreciated.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 Lisa

Lisa

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,799 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 04:42 PM

I am going to be staying between Hartford and New Haven. Our agenda will take us to various museums, primarily art, and to visit family.

Suggestions for restaurants to consider almost anywhere in the state would be appreciated.

Try to Google "Gluten Friendly Restaurants in Hartford/New Haven"....you will be amazed what's out there. :)
Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

#3 Tim-n-VA

Tim-n-VA

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 577 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 02:31 AM

Try to Google "Gluten Friendly Restaurants in Hartford/New Haven"....you will be amazed what's out there. :)

Thank you. I have done that and have some ideas. I thought if I asked here I'd get some recommendations from someone who is actually living gluten free and has personally tried the specific restaurant.

#4 dcns65

dcns65

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 04:19 AM

Goggle to see if there is a support group in the area. My daughter was going to Raleigh NC and I found the support group a great resource for Gluten free eating.
Mom to 2 children with Celiac and husband with Celiac
Son-diagnosed Sept. 2011 with numbers off the chart, positive biopsy, hypothyroidism, ADHD, PDD (totally mainstreamed in School)
Daughter-diagnosed Jan. 2012 with no symptoms blood test positive, biopsy negative, hypothyroidism. Chose to go Gluten Free, dancer and straight A high school student
Husband-positive blood test, hypothyroidism and decided to skip the endoscopy

#5 mamaw

mamaw

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,966 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 12:30 PM

Tim

Google DePumas Pasta. They are in Ct & I know there are restaurants that sell their ravioli & such. It is the very best I ever had... I do mailorder , its that good.... John the ownerwas on Food Wars I think several years ago. His wife is celiac

Have a great time in CT...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: