Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Not Today!

12 posts in this topic

I woke up this morning, after a very rough night's sleep, realizing that I got contaminated at the ONE restaurant we go to. My suspicions were confirmed when both my kids, who have celiac disease also, woke up sick too.

My husband has a big night tonight. He is nominated for the biggest award in his field. We have a fancy dinner and ceremony to go to. He looks gorgeous in his tux, and I have a slinky dress and beautiful new shoes to wear. However, every joint in my body now hurts. I'm running back and forth to the bathroom. I have a terrible headache. And my tummy, which has to fit and be flat in this dress, is totally bloated. On top of the fact that I also have two sick kids to take care of! I could just kick myself.

Why did we go out to eat yesterday? It was my idea, and I am now feeling really stupid for doing it. UGH!

Thanks for listening to me vent. Hopefully I'll be feeling a lot better in the next few hours so tonight is not a total disaster.

Ads by Google:

((hug)) So sorry!!

I am hoping you will recover sufficiently to still attend. How fast do you normally rebound? (I would never make it, but you may be a quick rebounder)

How about some Immodium to temporarily arrest the flood gates? (I have never used it, but I know people on here do.)

and maybe some Advil for the joint pain?

and lots of water?

Hope you have some help to handle the little ones and that you can make the awards dinner. I have my fingers crossed for you!!

Maybe a soak in a hot bath full of epsom salts?

Oh, darn it. What an unfortunate thing to happen on such a special day! I, too, recommend Imodium from personal experience. I take it when on long-haul flights, etc. as a precaution and it really works. My Mom, who I am 100% certain has celiac, uses it frequently for her "IBS" and was told by her doctor she can safely do so.

Hopefully you are feeling better already and can attend this monumental event! :)

Do you have any other dresses which fit the occasion or can you borrow one from a close friend or relative. Since your plans have been tampered with you can do some compromises and save what you can of this day for the sake of enjoying it. Might not be the outfit you were planning to wear but you would probably still look good in a different dress that doesn't require a flat stomach.

I'm sorry this happened to you, and you were out celebrating last night.. nothing wrong with that. The glutening just happened to happen at the wrong time. Hope you are able to enjoy this night. Don't let gluten get in your way

Well, I'm in the dress. Make-up is done. Trying desperately not to throw up. Wish me luck!

Well, I'm in the dress. Make-up is done. Trying desperately not to throw up. Wish me luck!

AWESOME! So glad you are so courageous. Take some Gravol for your nausea if you can.

Have a wonderful time and please report back! Your husband must be so proud of you, as you are of him.

LUCK!!

I am proud of you, you're a warrior!!

For nausea, sip club soda or ginger ale.

Tell us what happened tomorrow!!

Well, he lost. But we had a great time anyway. I wasn't able to stay the whole time because I felt just awful, but I was able to hide it long enough to meet some great people and be proud of the man holding me up so I didn't wobble on my high heels and throw up on someone.

Thanks for the advice and well wishes!

He didn't LOSE! He was nominated for the biggest award in his field. Just because he didn't get the award, being nominated makes him a winner in my book. Besides, he's married to you - and THAT makes him a winner!

He didn't LOSE! He was nominated for the biggest award in his field. Just because he didn't get the award, being nominated makes him a winner in my book. Besides, he's married to you - and THAT makes him a winner!

I wholeheartedly agree, he is a winner. And he won a few years ago anyway so he already has a beautiful statue for bragging rights. Along with a stunning wife who didn't throw up on anyone. ;o)

Along with a stunning wife who didn't throw up on anyone. ;o)

YAAAY!! Glad you rallied enough to go and enjoy yourself. Good for you. :)