11 replies to this topic

#1 melikamaui

melikamaui

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 08:30 AM

I woke up this morning, after a very rough night's sleep, realizing that I got contaminated at the ONE restaurant we go to. My suspicions were confirmed when both my kids, who have celiac disease also, woke up sick too.

My husband has a big night tonight. He is nominated for the biggest award in his field. We have a fancy dinner and ceremony to go to. He looks gorgeous in his tux, and I have a slinky dress and beautiful new shoes to wear. However, every joint in my body now hurts. I'm running back and forth to the bathroom. I have a terrible headache. And my tummy, which has to fit and be flat in this dress, is totally bloated. On top of the fact that I also have two sick kids to take care of! I could just kick myself.

Why did we go out to eat yesterday? It was my idea, and I am now feeling really stupid for doing it. UGH!

Thanks for listening to me vent. Hopefully I'll be feeling a lot better in the next few hours so tonight is not a total disaster.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 10:04 AM

((hug)) So sorry!!

I am hoping you will recover sufficiently to still attend. How fast do you normally rebound? (I would never make it, but you may be a quick rebounder)

How about some Immodium to temporarily arrest the flood gates? (I have never used it, but I know people on here do.)

and maybe some Advil for the joint pain?

and lots of water?

Hope you have some help to handle the little ones and that you can make the awards dinner. I have my fingers crossed for you!!

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"The strongest of all warriors are these two - time and patience." Leo Tolstoy

"If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else" Booker T. Washington

“If idiots could fly, the sky would be like an airport.”― Laura Davenport 

"Do or do not. There is no try. "-  Yoda.

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.
I. Win. bliss-smiley-emoticon.gif

#3 bartfull

bartfull

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 10:07 AM

Maybe a soak in a hot bath full of epsom salts?

gluten-free since June, 2011

Can't eat soy, corn, or foods high in salicylates.

Nightshades now seem to bother me too.

BUT I CAN STILL PLAY MY GUITAR AND THAT"S ALL THAT MATTERS!

#4 love2travel

love2travel

Čeznem da se u Hrvatskoj!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 12:23 PM

Oh, darn it. What an unfortunate thing to happen on such a special day! I, too, recommend Imodium from personal experience. I take it when on long-haul flights, etc. as a precaution and it really works. My Mom, who I am 100% certain has celiac, uses it frequently for her "IBS" and was told by her doctor she can safely do so.

Hopefully you are feeling better already and can attend this monumental event! :)
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#5 dani nero

dani nero

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 01:14 PM

Do you have any other dresses which fit the occasion or can you borrow one from a close friend or relative. Since your plans have been tampered with you can do some compromises and save what you can of this day for the sake of enjoying it. Might not be the outfit you were planning to wear but you would probably still look good in a different dress that doesn't require a flat stomach.

I'm sorry this happened to you, and you were out celebrating last night.. nothing wrong with that. The glutening just happened to happen at the wrong time. Hope you are able to enjoy this night. Don't let gluten get in your way
Self diagnosed January 2012, and on elimination, low-salicylate & low-iodine diet.
Also G6PD

#6 melikamaui

melikamaui

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 03:25 PM

Well, I'm in the dress. Make-up is done. Trying desperately not to throw up. Wish me luck!

#7 love2travel

love2travel

Čeznem da se u Hrvatskoj!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,847 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 03:44 PM

Well, I'm in the dress. Make-up is done. Trying desperately not to throw up. Wish me luck!

AWESOME! So glad you are so courageous. Take some Gravol for your nausea if you can.

Have a wonderful time and please report back! Your husband must be so proud of you, as you are of him.
<p>Confirmed celiac disease February 2011 from biopsies. Strictly gluten free March 18 2011.Diagnosed with fibromyalgia April 13 2011.3 herniated discs, myofascial pain syndrome, IT band syndrome, 2 rotator cuff injuries - from an accident Dec. 07 - resulting in chronic pain ever since. Degenerative disc disease.Osteoarthritis in back and hips.Chronic insomnia mostly due to chronic pain.Aspartame free May 2011.

When our lives are squeezed by pressure and pain, what comes out is what is inside.

#8 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 04:07 PM

LUCK!!

I am proud of you, you're a warrior!!

For nausea, sip club soda or ginger ale.

Tell us what happened tomorrow!!

"Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is. The way we cope with it makes the difference." Virginia Satir

"LTES"  Gem 2014

Misdiagnosed for 25+ years; Finally Diagnosed with Celiac  11/01/10.  Double DQ2 genes. This thing tried to kill me. I view Celiac as a fire breathing dragon --and I have run my sword right through his throat.

#9 melikamaui

melikamaui

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 01:07 PM

Well, he lost. But we had a great time anyway. I wasn't able to stay the whole time because I felt just awful, but I was able to hide it long enough to meet some great people and be proud of the man holding me up so I didn't wobble on my high heels and throw up on someone.

Thanks for the advice and well wishes!

#10 bartfull

bartfull

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,557 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 02:27 PM

He didn't LOSE! He was nominated for the biggest award in his field. Just because he didn't get the award, being nominated makes him a winner in my book. Besides, he's married to you - and THAT makes him a winner!

gluten-free since June, 2011

Can't eat soy, corn, or foods high in salicylates.

Nightshades now seem to bother me too.

BUT I CAN STILL PLAY MY GUITAR AND THAT"S ALL THAT MATTERS!

#11 melikamaui

melikamaui

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 08:48 PM

He didn't LOSE! He was nominated for the biggest award in his field. Just because he didn't get the award, being nominated makes him a winner in my book. Besides, he's married to you - and THAT makes him a winner!

I wholeheartedly agree, he is a winner. And he won a few years ago anyway so he already has a beautiful statue for bragging rights. Along with a stunning wife who didn't throw up on anyone. ;o)

#12 IrishHeart

IrishHeart

Warrior Princess

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,558 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 07:50 AM

Along with a stunning wife who didn't throw up on anyone. ;o)

YAAAY!! Glad you rallied enough to go and enjoy yourself. Good for you. :)

"LTES"  Gem 2014

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: