4 replies to this topic

#1 Marie1976

Marie1976

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 07:43 PM

I'm in a rotten mood all the time lately. Irritability, depression, anxiety, fatigue. What should I try? I am taking some gluten free vitamins right now. Also some L-glutamine powder. Not doing the trick.

I'm thinking of getting some probiotic supplements, or some sublingual B12 that I keep reading about on this site. (Anyone know if the B12 is vegan?)

Thanks

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 GFinDC

GFinDC

A little farting never hurt anybody... :-).

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,163 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 06:46 AM

You'd need to check the particular brand of B-12 you are considering to see if it is vegan. I'd think about something you are eating as a cause of the symptoms. So take a look at all the things you usually eat / drink and vitamins and look for common ingredients or something that you are consuming on a regular basis. Do you eat a lot of soy? That's trigger a for many people. You could take it out of your diet for a couple months and see how things go. Dairy could cause symptoms too. Really anything you consume can cause a problem, there are no limits to what we can react to. So looking at everything is a good idea. Starting with the top 8 food allergens is a good place to begin.
Proverbs 25:16 "Hast thou found honey? eat so much as is sufficient for thee, lest thou be filled therewith, and vomit it."
Job 30:27 My bowels boiled, and rested not: the days of affliction prevented me.
Thyroid cyst and nodules, Lactose / casein intolerant. Diet positive, gene test pos, symptoms confirmed by Dr-head. My current bad list is: gluten, dairy, sulfites, coffee (the devil's brew), tea, Bug's Bunnies carrots, garbanzo beans of pain, soy- no joy, terrible turnips, tomatoes, peppers, potatoes, and hard work. have a good day! :-) Paul

#3 Marie1976

Marie1976

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 09:26 AM

OK thanks. I don't know what I'd do without soy. I'm vegan on top of celiac, so I eat a lot of tofu for protein... But maybe I will cut it out for a while and see what happens. I am so careful about cc but I'm still sick so maybe it's not gluten that's getting me...

#4 bartfull

bartfull

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,605 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 11:02 AM

Please don't think I'm taking your complaint lightly. I know exactly what you're going through. But my first impule when I read the title of your thread was to tell you to get a banjo and learn how to play it! LONG before Steve Martin said it, I said that if we want to have world peace we should get everyone a banjo because you can't help but feel happy when you have one in your hands. :lol:

Anyway, GFinDC is right. It might well be the soy. But you might also be on the right track with the B-12. I have been through a lot of emotional turmoil this past year, and the very worst instance was when I was vitamin deficient. I would try both dropping soy for a while AND getting some good B-12's. Being vegan, the liklihood of you being B-12 deficient is much higher than for most people anyway. Add Celiac to the mix and it seems HIGHLY likely.

gluten-free since June, 2011

Can't eat soy, corn, or foods high in salicylates.

Nightshades now seem to bother me too.

BUT I CAN STILL PLAY MY GUITAR AND THAT"S ALL THAT MATTERS!

#5 Bubba's Mom

Bubba's Mom

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 12:52 PM

I would add...D3 helps improve mood and Fish oil/or other source of Omega 3 oils. They're anti-inflamatory.

Do you eat dairy? I get very moody if I eat it. Soy could cause a bad reaction too, in some people.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: