Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

• Announcements

• admin

Frequently Asked Questions About Celiac Disease   09/30/2015

This Celiac.com FAQ on celiac disease will guide you to all of the basic information you will need to know about the disease, its diagnosis, testing methods, a gluten-free diet, etc.   Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts What are the major symptoms of celiac disease? Celiac Disease Symptoms What testing is available for celiac disease? - list blood tests, endo with biopsy, genetic test and enterolab (not diagnostic) Celiac Disease Screening Interpretation of Celiac Disease Blood Test Results Can I be tested even though I am eating gluten free? How long must gluten be taken for the serological tests to be meaningful? The Gluten-Free Diet 101 - A Beginner's Guide to Going Gluten-Free Is celiac inherited? Should my children be tested? Ten Facts About Celiac Disease Genetic Testing Is there a link between celiac and other autoimmune diseases? Celiac Disease Research: Associated Diseases and Disorders Is there a list of gluten foods to avoid? Unsafe Gluten-Free Food List (Unsafe Ingredients) Is there a list of gluten free foods? Safe Gluten-Free Food List (Safe Ingredients) Gluten-Free Alcoholic Beverages Distilled Spirits (Grain Alcohols) and Vinegar: Are they Gluten-Free? Where does gluten hide? Additional Things to Beware of to Maintain a 100% Gluten-Free Diet Free recipes: Gluten-Free Recipes Where can I buy gluten-free stuff? Support this site by shopping at The Celiac.com Store.

Which Thing Should I Try?

5 posts in this topic

I'm in a rotten mood all the time lately. Irritability, depression, anxiety, fatigue. What should I try? I am taking some gluten free vitamins right now. Also some L-glutamine powder. Not doing the trick.

I'm thinking of getting some probiotic supplements, or some sublingual B12 that I keep reading about on this site. (Anyone know if the B12 is vegan?)

Thanks

Ads by Google:

You'd need to check the particular brand of B-12 you are considering to see if it is vegan. I'd think about something you are eating as a cause of the symptoms. So take a look at all the things you usually eat / drink and vitamins and look for common ingredients or something that you are consuming on a regular basis. Do you eat a lot of soy? That's trigger a for many people. You could take it out of your diet for a couple months and see how things go. Dairy could cause symptoms too. Really anything you consume can cause a problem, there are no limits to what we can react to. So looking at everything is a good idea. Starting with the top 8 food allergens is a good place to begin.

OK thanks. I don't know what I'd do without soy. I'm vegan on top of celiac, so I eat a lot of tofu for protein... But maybe I will cut it out for a while and see what happens. I am so careful about cc but I'm still sick so maybe it's not gluten that's getting me...

Please don't think I'm taking your complaint lightly. I know exactly what you're going through. But my first impule when I read the title of your thread was to tell you to get a banjo and learn how to play it! LONG before Steve Martin said it, I said that if we want to have world peace we should get everyone a banjo because you can't help but feel happy when you have one in your hands. :lol:

Anyway, GFinDC is right. It might well be the soy. But you might also be on the right track with the B-12. I have been through a lot of emotional turmoil this past year, and the very worst instance was when I was vitamin deficient. I would try both dropping soy for a while AND getting some good B-12's. Being vegan, the liklihood of you being B-12 deficient is much higher than for most people anyway. Add Celiac to the mix and it seems HIGHLY likely.

I would add...D3 helps improve mood and Fish oil/or other source of Omega 3 oils. They're anti-inflamatory.

Do you eat dairy? I get very moody if I eat it. Soy could cause a bad reaction too, in some people.