Get email alerts Get Celiac.com E-mail Alerts  

Celiac.com Sponsor:
Celiac.com Sponsor:

Ads by Google:

Get email alerts  Subscribe to FREE Celiac.com email alerts

Sweet Baby Rays - Distilled Vinegar Question

8 posts in this topic

I was wondering if any of you knew the source of the vinegar because I'm one of the sensitive ones who reacts sometimes to a vinegar/alcohol even when distilled...so if somebody ALSO is sensitive and hasn't had an issue, or knows the source, let me know (already e-mailed and such)

I noticed quite a few of their sauces used to say Vinegar and now say Distilled Vinegar and obviously some of us have issues still if it's from a wheat source so I hope it's fine :(

Ads by Google:

I was wondering if any of you knew the source of the vinegar because I'm one of the sensitive ones who reacts sometimes to a vinegar/alcohol even when distilled...so if somebody ALSO is sensitive and hasn't had an issue, or knows the source, let me know (already e-mailed and such)

I noticed quite a few of their sauces used to say Vinegar and now say Distilled Vinegar and obviously some of us have issues still if it's from a wheat source so I hope it's fine :(

I recently bought this for the first time. I have used it three times. It was fine and I am very, very sensitive.

I think the best way to find out would be to email the company. I know some of the local BBQ sauces here are made with apple cider vinegar.

I have better luck with calling companies than with emailing them. Here is their phone number

Phone Number: 877-729-2229

When you find out could you post the answer since I am also someone who reacts to distilled gluten. Not many of us do and it is so annoying that they don't have to list the source on distilled items.

here's their response: I would like to inform you that the source of our distilled vinegar is from Corn or Grain. It is triple distilled, there

For the supplier considers it to be GLUTEN FREE. If you have any other questions please feel free to contact me.

Thank you and you have a nice day.

I'm not sure if triple is good enough or what (for people like us), hopefully somebody here who reacts to grain alcohol/vinegar can answer if they've had this with no problem

It doesn't bother me! I usually react to vinegar distilled from grain too

this is an old thread, so everybody, please make sure you read labels every single time !

the sweet baby ray's bbq sauce i use says 'gluten free' right on it.  i don't have a problem with it (except eating the whole bottle lolz)

I too eat this sauce all the time and only have a problem if I eat a lot of it, like more than you really should lol I like to dip my veggie chips or fries in it and if I over do it I get a few symptoms but nothing extreme.