7 replies to this topic

#1 RPM

RPM

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 10:48 AM

I was wondering if any of you knew the source of the vinegar because I'm one of the sensitive ones who reacts sometimes to a vinegar/alcohol even when distilled...so if somebody ALSO is sensitive and hasn't had an issue, or knows the source, let me know (already e-mailed and such)

I noticed quite a few of their sauces used to say Vinegar and now say Distilled Vinegar and obviously some of us have issues still if it's from a wheat source so I hope it's fine :(

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 sora

sora

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 10:54 AM

I was wondering if any of you knew the source of the vinegar because I'm one of the sensitive ones who reacts sometimes to a vinegar/alcohol even when distilled...so if somebody ALSO is sensitive and hasn't had an issue, or knows the source, let me know (already e-mailed and such)

I noticed quite a few of their sauces used to say Vinegar and now say Distilled Vinegar and obviously some of us have issues still if it's from a wheat source so I hope it's fine :(

I recently bought this for the first time. I have used it three times. It was fine and I am very, very sensitive.

Wheat Allergy

Chemical (scent) Allergy

Ah, but I was so much older then, Im younger than that now.

#3 kareng

kareng

Be Royal

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,122 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 10:55 AM

I think the best way to find out would be to email the company. I know some of the local BBQ sauces here are made with apple cider vinegar.

LTES

"We've waited 29 years for this and not even a Giant can stand in our way." - Mayor Sly James

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#4 ravenwoodglass

ravenwoodglass

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,743 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 01:41 PM

I have better luck with calling companies than with emailing them. Here is their phone number

Phone Number: 877-729-2229

When you find out could you post the answer since I am also someone who reacts to distilled gluten. Not many of us do and it is so annoying that they don't have to list the source on distilled items.
Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying
"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

celiac 49 years - Misdiagnosed for 45
Blood tested and repeatedly negative
Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002
Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis
All bold resoved or went into remission with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002
Some residual nerve damage remains as of 2006- this has continued to resolve after eliminating soy in 2007

Mother died of celiac related cancer at 56
Twin brother died as a result of autoimmune liver destruction at age 15

Children 2 with Ulcers, GERD, Depression, , 1 with DH, 1 with severe growth stunting (male adult 5 feet)both finally diagnosed Celiac through blood testing and 1 with endo 6 months after Mom

Positive to Soy and Casien also Aug 2007

Gluten Sensitivity Gene Test Aug 2007
HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

#5 RPM

RPM

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 01:50 PM

here's their response: I would like to inform you that the source of our distilled vinegar is from Corn or Grain. It is triple distilled, there

For the supplier considers it to be GLUTEN FREE. If you have any other questions please feel free to contact me.

Thank you and you have a nice day.

I'm not sure if triple is good enough or what (for people like us), hopefully somebody here who reacts to grain alcohol/vinegar can answer if they've had this with no problem

#6 Nick_incollege

Nick_incollege

Community Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 12:46 PM

It doesn't bother me! I usually react to vinegar distilled from grain too

#7 notme!

notme!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,061 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 10:42 AM

this is an old thread, so everybody, please make sure you read labels every single time !

the sweet baby ray's bbq sauce i use says 'gluten free' right on it.  i don't have a problem with it (except eating the whole bottle lolz)

arlene

misdiagnosed for 25 years!
just as i was getting my affairs in order to die of malnutrition...
gluten free 7/2010
blood test negative
celiac confirmed by endoscopy 9/2010

only YOU can prevent forest fires - smokey t. bear

have a nice day :)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

#8 Brandiwine

Brandiwine

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 08:06 AM

I too eat this sauce all the time and only have a problem if I eat a lot of it, like more than you really should lol I like to dip my veggie chips or fries in it and if I over do it I get a few symptoms but nothing extreme. 

Vegan, Gluten Free diet, sensitivity to onions, soy, allergic to Cinnamon

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: