2 replies to this topic

#1 RPM

RPM

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 03:08 PM

it's a brand that's has boxes of frozen rice (3 packets in a box: brown, white, jasmine and I think a pilaf)

anyways, I've used their rice for a VERY long time without any problem but when getting a recent box, I noticed that allergen statement was gone (before it said 'processed in a facility that uses milk and soy as minor ingredients')...I also noticed that the "marketed by:" address was a different one

I've e-mailed the company and they're very slow so I was just wondering if anybody has had a recent box without a problem

the mixture of that allergen statement being gone AND a different marketed by address at the same time kind of caught me off guard, I guess it worries me that it might be made in a different facility now which could change everything

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#2 kareng

kareng

Gobble! Gobble!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,240 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 03:28 PM

This rice lists just rice for ingredients and says gluten free on the website:

http://www.riceexpre...com/jasmine.php

The other "flavors" say gluten free also.

Thanksgiving dinners take 18 hours to prepare.  They are consumed in 12 minutes.  Half-times take 12 minutes.  This is not a coincidence.  - Emma Bombeck

dancing-turkey.gif

#3 RPM

RPM

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 04:07 PM

well none of the rice's have soy or milk ingredients but they always had that message saying soy and milk were used in the facility so i figured it was a shared facility of some sort...obviously now that it's gone, that could either mean that whatever had soy and milk isn't made there anymore OR that it's made at a different facility (especially since the marketed by address is different now)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: