• Please log in to reply

2 replies to this topic

RPM

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 03:08 PM

it's a brand that's has boxes of frozen rice (3 packets in a box: brown, white, jasmine and I think a pilaf)

anyways, I've used their rice for a VERY long time without any problem but when getting a recent box, I noticed that allergen statement was gone (before it said 'processed in a facility that uses milk and soy as minor ingredients')...I also noticed that the "marketed by:" address was a different one

I've e-mailed the company and they're very slow so I was just wondering if anybody has had a recent box without a problem

the mixture of that allergen statement being gone AND a different marketed by address at the same time kind of caught me off guard, I guess it worries me that it might be made in a different facility now which could change everything

Celiac.com Sponsor:

kareng

Kiss me! I'm Irish!

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,558 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 03:28 PM

This rice lists just rice for ingredients and says gluten free on the website:

http://www.riceexpre...com/jasmine.php

The other "flavors" say gluten free also.

"We have always found the Irish a bit odd. They refuse to be English."

Winston Churchill

May your glass be ever full. May the roof over your head be always strong. And may you be in heaven half an hour before the devil knows you’re dead. 

music-on-st-patricks-day-smiley-emoticon

RPM

Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 04:07 PM

well none of the rice's have soy or milk ingredients but they always had that message saying soy and milk were used in the facility so i figured it was a shared facility of some sort...obviously now that it's gone, that could either mean that whatever had soy and milk isn't made there anymore OR that it's made at a different facility (especially since the marketed by address is different now)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: