21 replies to this topic

#16 squirmingitch

squirmingitch

Advanced Community Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,248 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 04:46 PM

For 3 weeks you have been gluten-free & you re-did the blood work for celiac. I hate to say it but there's every chance it will be neg also b/c you were gluten-free for 3 weeks.Posted Image

Self diagnosed dh Sept. 2011~~~ confirmed dx July 18, 2012
Gluten free Dec. 2011
Soy free Dec. 2011
Hubs self diagnosed dh March 30, 2012
Hubs gluten free March 30, 2012

Summer 2013 We both have added back a little soy which is near unavoidable & we are doing okay with that small amount.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

#17 KMMO320

KMMO320

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 05:52 PM

The corn bread probably has wheat flour in it if it was a mix? Ah well, something to watch out for later.
Quite a few people do end up without a formal diagnosis. The testing process just isn't really perfected yet. We still don't have the Star Trek tricorder available. May never for that matter.

Oh yeah, it was full gluten cornbread. I was so upset when I came home, I said oh well the Dr says I am not Celiac OR intolerant and to start eating gluten again so fine!!! I felt a little bad but not terrible...so tonight I also ate full gluten chinese food and NOW I feel full blown awful. Going to bed soon.

After I calmed down, my husband said if I feel better not eating it then that says something. He has epilepsy but hasnt had a seizure in years..does that mean he should stop taking his meds because MAYBE he will never have one again? NO. You do what keeps you feeling good.

bleh.

#18 KMMO320

KMMO320

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 05:53 PM

For 3 weeks you have been gluten-free & you re-did the blood work for celiac. I hate to say it but there's every chance it will be neg also b/c you were gluten-free for 3 weeks.Posted Image

Thats what I asked my dr too...and she said oh no, it will be fine.

Whatever. I decided I am done. I will just do what I know works from now on.

#19 squirmingitch

squirmingitch

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,248 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 06:06 PM

We always say you don't need anyone's permission to eat gluten-free. And if eating gluten-free makes you feel better then by all means DO SO! Live happy & long.Posted Image

Gluten free Dec. 2011
Soy free Dec. 2011

Summer 2013 We both have added back a little soy which is near unavoidable & we are doing okay with that small amount.

#20 KMMO320

KMMO320

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 06:16 PM

Another thing...

I have a few ulcers, which I am happy she found. She prescibed me prilosec and I immediatley started feeling better.

Today at the follow up, she says I was negative for H. Pylori, which causes most ulcers..so that must mean that I take too much advil for my migraines. She said 3 times a day every day is too much! I said, I never said I took it every day. I take whatever is handy, be it Advil, Motrin or more often, Tylonal. but yes, I take SOMETHING for my headaches, but not every day, let alone 3 times a day. maybe a few times a month..

She said well then, thats it..you take too much advil and thats why you have ulcers.

I would go to a new dr but really, my Insurance is not great as it is and my copays and deductibles are piling up so fast right now, and Im tired.

#21 squirmingitch

squirmingitch

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,248 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 06:19 PM

She's a real doozie isn't she? I wonder where she got her med degree? The mail order university of Tim Buck Too? You might be safer & healthier staying away from her!

Gluten free Dec. 2011
Soy free Dec. 2011

#22 dani nero

dani nero

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 12:23 AM

We still don't have the Star Trek tricorder available. May never for that matter.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Self diagnosed January 2012, and on elimination, low-salicylate & low-iodine diet.
Also G6PD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Celiac.com Sponsors: